Recently it seems that affiliate form getting more bad reputation (I have ever read many call affiliate members as affiliate "whores") and affiliate networks are left by its members because of lack of trust and no payment. More and more networker change to reseller form. As reseller they have more freedom and nobody rule them and changing their link url etc. They are free as real businessman in determing how to market their reseller product.

ABW Ambassador
    Um........ huh?

There is only one member here that uses the term "whore" on a regular basis. ONE

Have you heard the term "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" ? People are quick to complain or sound the alarm, many times before they've done anything about it. They don't contact the Merchant, they don't contact the Network. They JUST come here and post. Often this person is then provent be incorrect or there was no problem to begin with.

If AM is as bad as you think, then why would so many people be doing it and why would so many people want to learn how?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    This affiliate/webmaster has been a Value Added Reseller (VAR) within the computer industry for 35 years. I not only contact merchants -distributors and networks ...I hold their feet to the fire on commission diversion tactics long before online networks were born.

Most folks don't easily grasp the "advertising mindset" term that places the advertising industry 2 rungs below the status of lawyers. So I coined the term Ad Whore to address those who set out to fool/trick/screw online consumers with deceptive advertising. I consider them as Transvestites mixed in with common street walkers seeking to deceive Johns out of their money. Must come from my upbringing as my Phyician/Surgeon father hated all doctors or Qwacks who employed sleezy advertising tactics to populate their butcher shops.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread