Amazon Re-opens Associates Program to California Residents
    Surprised no one has posted this. In Amazon Associates Central today:

"Amazon Re-opens Associates Program to California Residents

California Governor Jerry Brown recently signed legislation repealing the law that had forced us to close the program to California residents. We are pleased to invite all California Associates whose accounts were closed due to the prior legislation to re-enroll in the Program. Associates who re-enroll will retain all prior account settings (login, Associates ID, payment information, etc.). For more details and eligibility information, see our re-enrollment FAQs."

2. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Thanks Cathy,

I was going to say that I expected they would send out emails, but after seeing your post I first went to re-enroll, and then a few minutes after receiving a welcome back email I did get one saying CA-terminated affiliates could now re-enroll.

Anyway, thanks for posting this.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Cathy, Thanks,

Re-applied!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I split this out into its own threads as this is huge news. Tweeted the previous thread but am going to re-tweet with this title.

6. Thanks From:

I'm disappointed that they waited so many days before allowing us to seek reinstatement. I wish Amazon had opted to pay for advertising links which were active during the summer, or at least for sales generated from clicks which occurred after the amended law was signed but before they implemented the "reinstatement" process.

Once reinstated, I confirmed that they've been tracking sales from my links all along (though they won't pay us for them). Amazon's system reports that during Q3'2011, the unpaid links on my site brought Amazon $1,860 in sales (but accruing zero advertising fees). I can see exactly which items were purchased, for what prices -- which is still helpful data for me.

Note that because my primary niche site is a directory which includes both paid and free links, I didn't remove Amazon links, but instead "demoted" all Amazon links, so they appeared after any paid links.

Hello,

As you may have heard, California Governor Jerry Brown has signed legislation repealing the law that had forced us to terminate our California Associates. We are pleased to invite all California Associates whose accounts were closed due to the prior legislation to re-enroll in the Associates Program.

If you haven't already re-enrolled, please click here:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...ment/main.html

When asked to sign in, please use the same email address and password that were previously associated with your Associates account. To make your return to the Program as seamless as possible, when you re-enroll, your account settings (login, Associates ID, payment information, etc.) will be the same as they were previously. Traffic you referred while your account was closed won't be eligible for advertising fees.

For further information about re-enrollment, please click here:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...iates/help/t48

Best Regards,

The Amazon Associates Team
    https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/
    Last edited by markwelch; October 3rd, 2011 at 05:13 PM.

I see the same kind of thing - sickening.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Looking further, what really hurts is that I had several orders the first two days of THIS MONTH when we should have already been re-enrolled but were not.

I am wondering if this is a temporary thing, the reinstatement that is?

According to the PMA press release that I saw, it sounded like Cali Gov only gave them 1 year to allow the Federal govt time to place a Federal Internet tax, or the vote will be left to Cali voters on the June 2012 ballots so does this mean that we can be deactivated by Amazon again in a few months?

Thanks

For other merchants that is the case, but the deal made between California and Amazon includes Amazon's promise to begin collecting CA sale tax next September if no federal legislation has been passed.

Nothing regarding internet tax will be on the California ballot in June.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread