Affiliate Manager
    Conversion rate?
    Hello everyone. I've been posting here for about a year now. It's been a while since I reported anything about my progress, but things have been improving steadily, partly from the generous and wise council I've received in ABestWeb

I thought I'd post my current conversion rate, in hopes of getting some feedback:

-Since August 10 2011 my site has had 3200 absolutely unique visitors. In that same time I've sold 8 of my products, so that's a conversion rate of: .0022.

I imagine that's pretty low. I am wondering what is a reasonable, average conversion rate - if such a thing exists - that I should work towards. I am wondering how far off the mark my site is currently performing.
    Last edited by fifthhouse; October 4th, 2011 at 06:41 AM.
    [URL="http://mindfulnessangermanagement.com"]Mindfulness Anger Management[/URL]

It's really impossible to say what you should or could get but at first glance I'd say your conversion rate is much lower than what I would be comfortable with. As a rule of thumb, never stop improving your CR. Always look for ways to make it even a little better, tweak and test and tweak and test.

One way to see how you could improve is to ask others to look at your site from a potential customer's point of view. Ask for their completely honest feedback. If people don't like your site they won't stay long. If it takes too much effort or time to buy they won't stay long.

If you are able to watch them view your site, keep quiet and watch them navigate. Don't tell them where to go or what to look at, just watch them and see if they quickly know what to do and where to go. See how many clicks it takes to buy and see if you can reduce that. Make sure the visitors knows exactly what you're selling without making them read 10 paragraphs of text. Try having a summary of the product near the top of the page with a buy link above the fold, and then a more detailed description lower. This way those with less patience can buy "now" and those who want to research can read more.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by fifthhouse View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been posting here for about a year now. It's been a while since I reported anything about my progress, but things have been improving steadily, partly from the generous and wise council I've received in ABestWeb

I thought I'd post my current conversion rate, in hopes of getting some feedback:

-Since August 10 2011 my site has had 3200 absolutely unique visitors. In that same time I've sold 8 of my products, so that's a conversion rate of: .0022.

I imagine that's pretty low. I am wondering what is a reasonable, average conversion rate - if such a thing exists - that I should work towards. I am wondering how far off the mark my site is currently performing.
    That is one hell of a hit rate but an extremely poor CR. Your site has a clean look and is not overcrowded so interested parties should be encouraged to browse.

Have you determined how long visitors stay on your site, is this really targeted traffic or just passing traffic, what are the figures for your competition. The answers to these questions may help you.

Best of luck

Affiliate Manager
    Thank you Greg and daiarian. Greg, these are some great tips, some of which I've implemented and others I'll look into.

daiarian, your questions are very helpful. To answer:

My traffic is not targetted. But here is the data for the targeted traffic:

For the keyword 'anger management', during the same period since August 10, the site has had 162 visits.

Of those:

-average time on site: 5.25 min
    -59 % bounce rate
    -3.25 pages per visit

Those stats are much better than the stats for the overall site traffic.

So it looks like my conversion rate is quite different if I use these stats:

8/162 = .049

I don't know how to get stats of my competition. Is that easy to do? Could you tell me how?

Thanks again for your help. This paints a much different story!

Quote Originally Posted by fifthhouse View Post

I don't know how to get stats of my competition. Is that easy to do? Could you tell me how?

Thanks again for your help. This paints a much different story!
    Go to Alexa.com/siteinfo in the search box at the top left of your screen enter the http address of your competitors the web site name will be displayed click on that and voila you get a wealth of info on your competitors.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Also compare with Compete and Quantcast.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Chuck and daiarian. Yeah I am familiar with Alexa, and also Compete. There is some useful information there, although they don't give any information on conversion rates, which is the information that would be the most useful.

I checked out Quantcast, which looks very good. I'm planning to sign up at a later date and give it a try.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread