GAN - clarification on the Order Delta report?
    Is anyone familiar with the "Order Delta" report on GAN..?

From what I've read, it shows changes to previously-posted transactions (cancellations, partial returns, etc).

I'm trying to understand a list of transactions which are listed as zero $ change... would it be some kind of "confirmed" indicator?

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Is this the sales column, the fees column, or both?

Some commissions pay fees out per action rather than based on revenue amount (say, cellphone sign-ups), in which case you'll see a $0.00 for sales but a nonzero fee publisher fee.

If both sales and fees are zero, it means one of two things: either the advertiser actually recorded a sale for $0; or there were multiple changes to that order, we rolled them up in the report and they equaled out to produce a net $0 change. If the modified date and order time are the same day then it's the first case, otherwise it is the second.

I'm not sure what special significance $0 sales have for an advertiser, but it must make sense for some advertiser business models because we do see them reported from time to time.

Thanks,
    Brian

Thanks Brian.. I'm talking about the Orders Delta report, not the sales report..

There are 12 transactions posted yesterday, with various order dates going back two weeks - it seems that for every transaction posted for this merchant there is a corresponding "$0" (sales & publisher fees) in the Orders Delta report. I know that indicates no change, but I'm looking for the reason for the second entry..

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hi,

I took a deeper look. In this particular case, the advertiser sent an auto-reconciliation file containing these orders, but hadn't actually changed that particular order. There's logic to ignore changes that aren't meaningful, but it changed this month and it looks like we introduced a bug. Engineering is working to fix it now.

You may see more of these if other advertisers sent autorec files before we push the fix (these files are very frequent at the end of the month), but otherwise it'll stop. You can safely ignore these.

Thanks,
    Brian

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread