2 tier affiliate program
    can someone explain the benefits of a tier proram and how it works? is this just for webmasters or is it for an affiliate so they can earn 2 commissions?

any info would be helpful.

thank you

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Some affiliate specialize in promoting affiliate programs. As an example they may have an affiliate program directory. Outside of making some money on AdSense or selling advertising on their directory they have no other revenue. By referring affiliates they earn generally 10% of what the affiliate makes in commissions. So if an affiliate makes $1000 in sales at a 10% commission they would earn $100. The second tier would get 10% of the $100 or $10.

Its meant as a way for more affiliates to be recruited into your program. You can not earn the extra 10% by referring yourself.

Unhappy
    I usually partner up with another webmaster to do projects with, and I would seek out merchants who offered 2-tiers with a database of products. I know a bit about PHP and would create an online store, while my partner is good at web site promotion/marketing. So I would create the stores (one for me, one for my partner) and she would go about doing promotion in the search engines. So I would get a second-tier commission from sales made at my friend's store, as a reward for creating the PHP store. (It usually does not add up to much $)

Many merchants have done away with the 2nd tier commissions the last few years, so there is no incentive for me to create the PHP stores any longer.
    :coffeetim

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If there is interest in a thread listing 2nd tier programs I am up for starting it.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread