Paid Forum now?
    So did everyone get a message about the forum "changing to a paid forum to be fair to all advertisers"? Does that mean we have to pay to read or post here? The wording wasn't 100% clear to me.

Guess that means using Facebook more ... or starting a Popshops Yahoo group or something.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by joyaz View Post
    So did everyone get a message about the forum "changing to a paid forum to be fair to all advertisers"? Does that mean we have to pay to read or post here? The wording wasn't 100% clear to me.

Guess that means using Facebook more ... or starting a Popshops Yahoo group or something.

News to me, where did you see that info?

It was a private message. I'll copy it into a PM to you for your reading pleasure.

ABW Ambassador
    Is it something in the realm of sometimes threads/sections here get started free for a product or service because of general interest but it is for a product or service so it should be a paid forum, since others have to pay to be here.

Maybe they think I am Popshops?

ABW Ambassador
    I just know it's not and will never be this:

"Does that mean we have to pay to read or post here?"

That's forum killer type stuff.

ABW Ambassador
    joyaz - It looks like someone at iNET intended to contact someone on the business side of PopShops and sent to you instead. You might want to send a copy to Michelle and let iNET know they messed up.

Anyway, it looks like the PopShops forum will disappear. I wish PopShops would keep it open, as it DOES introduce affiliates to their service. We will see.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Didn't think this was PopShops forum. Thought it was sub-forum for Affiliates to discuss PopShops...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Didn't think this was PopShops forum. Thought it was sub-forum for Affiliates to discuss PopShops...
    I thought so too but it looks like iNet wants all forums to be paid now.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Send it to me at chuck@abestweb.com and I will clear it up. I believe PopShops is up for renewal and all forums are paid. We do have forums that are unbranded like the CJ forum where they are not able to post promotions. If PopShops decides to not renew then affiliates can post complaints in the Industry Tools & Services forum but the PopShops forum will be archived.

I just know it's not and will never be this:

"Does that mean we have to pay to read or post here?"

That's forum killer type stuff.
    There will never be a fee to be a member of this forum as long as I am alive!

Couple notes:

• This forum will always be free to take part in as a member for anyone who registers an account. There is no intent to ever charge for membership to the site. As a company, iNet operates over 9 forums and various sites, none of which to my awareness have paid basic membership - everyone can take part by registering for free.
    • The PM received by Joyaz was misdirected, and intended for a subforum sponsor/operator (Popshops).
    • iNet is indifferent as to whether subforums are sponsored or non-sponsored, unless there are promotions and advertising being posted by the company, in which case a sponsorship arrangement is necessary. Some sections exist solely for the benefit and use of the membership and if those sections relate to a company or service, the company is not permitted the advertising and promotional perks that sponsors are allowed (unless they become a sponsor).
    • ABW has always operated under these principles, so there is no change to any policy here.

As a company, iNet has been commited to working diligently to bring more engaging and more relevant content to ABW members, with no charge to them.

Hope that clears up any questions. I can answer any remaining concerns.
    Last edited by I.M.O.G.; October 6th, 2011 at 09:33 AM.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Matt for your response and I do see your point BUT if you notice this forum is used by affiliates helping affiliates, not PopShops promoting their service. If PopShops does respond here, it's generally to encourage affiliates to contact them via their support. They haven't started a thread here in ages. Just something to think about.

13. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    If PopShops does respond here, it's generally to encourage affiliates to contact them via their support.
    Or to tell them to go to their facebook page - that's where they post important info.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    If PopShops decides to not renew then affiliates can post complaints in the Industry Tools & Services forum but the PopShops forum will be archived.
    Chuck - I'm a bit troubled by this comment. You used the word "complaints" but what if I want to ask other affiliates for help with something or a general PopShops discussion but not a complaint? Will we be allowed to do that? Just want to be clear and not jump to a conclusion here.

Absolutely! PopShops decided to not renew the forum so I intend to fold it into the Industry Tools & Services forum. But I am interested in member feedback.

Absolutely! PopShops decided to not renew the forum so I intend to fold it into the Industry Tools & Services forum. But I am interested in member feedback.
    Isn't it already "here", in the Industry Tools & Service?...

Yes as a sub forum which conflicts with other sub forums that are paid and for promotion. I am considering leaving it open as an unbranded forum like the CJ forum where affiliates can discuss issues.

Not trying to be difficult, but I don't see any branding for this "sub-forum"...

ABW Ambassador
    I prefer to keep the popshops related discussion where it is now so popshops users can easily find them and help each other out. Michelle @ popshops can also come here and answer questions if she want to.

I'm not sure how "paid" or "nonpaid" forum works, does it make different difference where to locate popshops related threads?

To be fair, I haven't seen popshops promote themselves for years, this forum is more like a place where we(users) come and exchange information, discuss issues and help each others.

We don't want to give undue attention to an unpaid forum at the expense of others. It dilutes their promotion efforts. Advertising pays for the forum so we have to strike a balance between it and the community. That is why I am open to opinions of members. If they feel that PopShops needs a dedicated forum for affiliates to discuss technical issues then I am to the idea of keeping it as is. We do this with CJ and Amazon. Trying to play fair with those that pay to keep the forum open and the community that use the forum as a resource.

22. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    That is why I am open to opinions of members. If they feel that PopShops needs a dedicated forum for affiliates to discuss technical issues then I am to the idea of keeping it as is. We do this with CJ and Amazon. Trying to play fair with those that pay to keep the forum open and the community that use the forum as a resource.
    Fair enought and thanks for the clearification.

You've got my opinion.

Well I hope someone lets us know WHERE to find Popshops-related posts when this forum or sub-forum (heck, it's just a directory to me) disappears.

Please everyone ... start the title of your post with POPSHOPS in all caps or something so we can find each other easily.

What's the cost to continue this "paid" forum? I'd contribute because the help I get here is extremely useful to me. Maybe we can all pitch in.

Please read post #20!

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck - Thanks for the clarification and for reconsidering this change. I fully understand about the paid forum and if PopShops was posting here to promote their service then they should pay but this for years now has been a forum for affiliates to discuss issues. I hope it stays that way.

27. Thanks From:

28. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread