Question starting out Affiliate program
    I've started a new affiliate program on shareasale about a month ago and am pretty new to this whole affiliate network scene. I am representing a company that provides an all-in-one (text, email, social media) marketing platform for businesses. Its a pretty simple program: receive $5 dollars for every (legitimate) 30 day free trial signup (no credit card needed)

There has been many affiliates (over 50) who signed up but we've gotten very few signups so far. Can someone give me pointers to get better results in any way? Thanks in advance.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Moved to Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&A forum!

So you have 50 affiliates signed-up, are any sending clicks? Have you contacted them personally to see what they need to get started?

Apologies for posting the question at the wrong section... didn't know it had an affiliate manager section! I am a huge newbie at all this.. Anyhow, I have written a newsletter to all the affiliates signed up and still I am not getting many leads. Honestly, I feel like majority of the affiliates joining are not quality websites (coupon sites, etc) Is there good way to promote our program?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We have a paid announcement forum here which gets a lot of views.

B2B is difficult to find affiliates for. Don't under estimate the coupon sites but you have to give them something to promote.

Send an activation email to each affiliate that has joined. Look over their site and point out where best to list your product. Write them a personalized email and develop a relationship.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; December 5th, 2011 at 03:45 PM.

I agree, coupon websites should not be underestimated. They might even become your best affiliates. You need to provide them with coupon codes (if they are applicable to your program). ShareASale has the Post a Deal section - if you upload a deal there, coupon websites will pick it up. Coupons have been working great for us.
    We are also trying a Christmas Bonus contest this month, which helps us to get more affiliates and more leads.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread