Terminate relationship with merchant
    Before the switch to the new interface you could terminate a relationship with a merchant. I have been looking for this feature in the new interface and it is nowhere to be found. How does one terminate a merchant from your list??
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Currently you cannot deactivate an advertiser from your account directly via the interface but your feedback is noted. In the old interface, the deactivate button was a source of unhappiness--sometimes publishers would accidentally deactivate an advertiser and weren't able to reactivate the relationship without getting re-approved or going through support. Since publishers can opt out of communications and remove their links, we've disabled the button until engineering gets a chance to redesign the experience.

If you would like to sever your relationship with an advertiser you should remove the advertiser's links from your website and opt out of communications from the advertiser (visit Advertisers, Approved and uncheck the box marked "Receive Notifications from this advertiser").

If you would like to deactivate multiple relationships you can submit a ticket: Google Affiliate Network Support - Affiliate Network Help

Thank you,

Jamie

you should remove the advertiser's links from your website and opt out of communications from the advertiser
    This is not the same as deactivating a relationship... which is a statement by a publisher that they no longer want to represent a merchant, or want the merchant to have access to their stats/contact details (in the same way a merchant terminates an affiliate!).

Hopefully GAN will make the 'deactivate' button a priority, as affiliates should have as much control over the relationship as merchants. I'm surprised this feature was removed...

4. Thanks From:

I bet I wasted a half hour in the GAN interface trying to figure out how to deactivate a merchant. I just couldn't believe the ability was not there until I came here and read this thread. How super lame!

They can terminate us but we can't deactivate them. I'm sure that's got to be unethical or worse.

John,

I have sent request to support to deactivate certain merchants and get no response. The problem I see is when I apply to a merchant and they see all these other merchants that I am not driving traffic to the merchant is going to say I don't want to work with them. I've even sent emails to the merchants asking them to drop me with not a response. Lately I have noticed that it is waste of time to email a merchant as they won't respond at all. GAN and Linkshare merchants are the worse for not responding.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

GAN and Linkshare merchants are the worse for not responding.
    Sorry that statement does not make any since at all. What does the network got to do with a merchant not responding to you??? In this case the merchant is the problem not the network.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

In most cases, the only email made available to publishers is via the network...

Most of my "merchant" contacts are actually with the networks.

It usually works out, but I've been frustrated in the past when trying to get in touch with the merchant (to discuss strategy), and I can't move past the network contact.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread