ABW Ambassador
    Happy Thanks Giving!
    It's Thanks Giving up here in Canada. There's lots to be thankful for this year! (Plus the turkey of course)

All the best!
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Dave. Besides turkey what's a typical meal include?

Is it two separate words in Canada? "Thanks Giving" as compared to "Thanksgiving" in the states?

Lucky for me there is no standard dessert in our family for thanksgiving.. so I get to make whatever I want (after and hour or so's delay for kitchen/table cleanup and to let things settle)..

One year my brothers very young (3 or 4) daughter got hold of one of the bigger chocolate covered strawberries that had just come from the fridge.. the adults were having something fancier.. she could not get through the thick shell (it gets harder in the fridge).. I made a motion to her to whack it with her fist.. so she put it on the table cloth (that is only seen three times a year) and hit perfectly, just breaking the shell.. of course her grandmother and mother (my mom and sister in law) were horrified .. (all the guys kept quiet but were laughing inside because when we were younger we would have hit it much harder just for effect) .. there was no damage to the berry and no stain on the table cloth .. problem solved shell cracked. My sister in law keeps the kids away from me.. afraid they will pick up bad habits.. (but how many 4 and 8 year olds have decorated a wedding cake.. I teach them the fun stuff)

4. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck,

I am pretty sure that it is the same as for you... just a a little earlier. Stuffing, cranberry sauce (yes, from a can) veggies and pumpkin pie. Please notice that I did not mention beer - that's just a cliche that I would like to dispell for good. I am more into a nice crisp Pinot Grigio.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Personally have stuck with a nice buttery Chardonnay myself!

Is it two separate words in Canada? "Thanks Giving" as compared to "Thanksgiving" in the states?
    I was wondering that too, and I'm in Canada! It's the same as the US.. 'Thanksgiving'..

Enjoyed turkey and all the trimmings on Saturday evening myself, incl pumpkin pie (could do with a slice right now with my coffee). It is a big deal here (long weekend), but definitely not the same impact as the US... and now that I'm an affiliate marketer focused on US merchants, I always get wistful for turkey in November!

ABW Ambassador
    For the record, it is spelled Thanksgiving in Canada too - my mistake.

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread