baseballexpress.com
    Anyone here promote them and having problems with them reversing all of your commissions? Looking over our records, they are reversing 100 percent showing a reason of "multi network policy". The issue with that is the fact that our system is setup so a merchant can't be in our system from multiple networks. Seems shady.....

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Brian,

If you have a specific problem and want out help please submit a help ticket through your account - or shoot me an email brian@shareasale

In general, Merchants who run programs on multiple networks must make a decision on which affiliate to credit with a commission when 2 or more networks claim commission. Our policy is to make sure that in the case of a void on ShareASale, that information is shown to you (not hidden) so that you can see this and make a business decision based on the information.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thanks Brian, I will follow up through my account. I appreciate the quick response here.

Affiliate Manager
    Brian - (with prosepernt),

I am sorry that you feel this is a "shady" move on our part. It really wasn't meant to be. It clearly states in our program terms our policy and a newsletter was also sent out explaining this new procedure (not a policy change).

If you have any other concerns or questions, please contact me directly and I will respond in a timely fashion.

And Brian Littleton, this was something that I worked with the Tech team on last month. It is also something that we are going to changing and going back to the "old" way of reversing by hand at the end of the month. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns as well.

5. Thanks From:

Stephanie is a good, pro-active affiliate manager stuck in a tough position. She is working hard to correct some of the issues of the past but it looks like a bumpy road right now for some affiliates.

If you have questions, contact her. If she has questions about your traffic, please respond. it goes both ways.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Stephanie if you are having trouble with multi-network tracking let me know and I can talk with your webmaster. There is a technique that will keep them separate and happy to share.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Chuck. I just might give you shout.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by SPnelson View Post
    It clearly states in our program terms our policy and a newsletter was also sent out explaining this new procedure (not a policy change).
    Could you please explain what's the "new procedure" you mentioned? If there is a newsletter sent recently, I might have missed it.

Chuck,

Please be careful giving advice on that as the the procedure you have may actually be against our current policy. (Not sure, I haven't seen it)

We require pixels to be shown on all sales, selective pixel loading is not something we support as it effectively removes all transparency from the Affiliate and isn't fair to them as they aren't often aware of a multi-network situation.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Stephanie if you are having trouble with multi-network tracking let me know and I can talk with your webmaster. There is a technique that will keep them separate and happy to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    Chuck,

Please be careful giving advice on that as the the procedure you have may actually be against our current policy. (Not sure, I haven't seen it)

We require pixels to be shown on all sales, selective pixel loading is not something we support as it effectively removes all transparency from the Affiliate and isn't fair to them as they aren't often aware of a multi-network situation.
    This is getting confusing.
    Regardless, I'm leaning towards Brian's transparency policy...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    So if the sale is made through an affiliate link from another network you are requiring your pixel to be fired even though SAS shouldn't get credit for the sale?

Yes - but that is only part of the policy. The other part deals with how those sales are voided so that a Merchant doesn't get charged twice, but only once for the appropriate affiliate according to their policy.

Might recommend a new thread for a full discussion if you think one is warranted, so people see it.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread