Multiple (mini) Popshops on a single page?
    I'm planning a new website and wanted to possibly incorporate multiple (smaller) Popshops with autofeed on a single web page. Up to now I've only done one shop per page.

Are there any issues with this that I should be aware of? (the shop will be .php pages)

I thought I'd build a test page but thought someone here might have experience with this setup.

Thanks!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

ABW Ambassador
    joyaz - I'm not exactly clear on what you are asking. Are you wanting to build one template search page and build dynamic generated pages using keyword/keyword phrase query strings?

ABW Ambassador
    I think what Joyaz mean is to add two or more shops onto one page. I don't see any problem with it, although I have no experience doing it. I would think it will work fine to add two or more set of php codes onto the same page.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks mayfly, I totally missed that and way complicated what she was asking.

I think, I tried that once but had an issue with the pagination working properly for each of the mini shops. It has been a good while back (years), it may not be an issue now.

I created a test page with 4 Popshops on it. When you go to page 2 for any shop, it advances to page 2 on all shops. (Not sure if that's a good thing or not.)

Also, controlling auto feed seems to be an issue. When one of the shops runs out of products according to its keywords but you continue further in other shops, then you get anything and everything showing up.

Maybe not such a good idea after all.

Thanks everyone.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I think the total items per page, no matter how many shops, can't exceed 99. Yes, I've also noted the wonky autofeed stuff.

I've used 2 this way: 1 page of items with autofeed and a column of featured or related items with no autofeed enabled.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    metakong - The first part of your post to joyaz regarding multiple shops was fine but if you have a complaint about PopShops you really should have started a new thread for that and not highjack joyaz thread with your complaint.

You might contact one of the ABW moderators and ask them to split it out for you.

Moderator Note: per recommendation split into new thread: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/popsh...es-149885.html
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; October 13th, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Talking Has a Jet Crashed?
    I fail to see a strong armed attempt to take ownership over someone else's property.

For me, what I see is a long winded reply that touches on all issues at hand:

1) A question about a minor technical issue.
    2) Trouble correcting said minor tech issue with unresponsive service provider.
    3) Concerns over the usability of a proposed layout.
    4) The realization that said unresponsive service provider won't provide a solution to said minor tech issue. And, full circle...
    5) Through a related story, the reiteration of the fact that minor tech issue will go unanswered by said unresponsive service provider, thereby making proposed layout impractical, thereby leaving joyaz with a not so user friendly site layout due to minor issues being not only unanswered but, if answered, scoffed at by the company joyaz spends her hard earned dollars with.

However...all that said...should a moderator feel the need to split my reply due to my misunderstanding of the English language and the word "hijacked," I can only assure you I won't lose any sleep over it And, I will still fail to see how anything in this thread justifies the analogy to a hijacking except for one reply containing an unjustified analogy to hijacking where, instead of sticking on point, the poster veered off into an unnecessary tangent about a non-existent hijacking.

Thanks for lookin' out though.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread