Finding Affiliate Programs
    Although I have, I think, quite good traffic to my website, I have trouble finding suitable affiliate programs for my site since the niche (about beekeeping) is quite small.

I've checked the networks without any success. Is there a way to search for affiliate programs? I've tried things like Googling - affiliate site:*bees*.* -but it returns nothing.

I've also tried approaching the owners of websites which I think would benefit from affiliate programs and suggesting they might like to explore the idea. It's a hard sell since they tend to be technically unsophisticated and it's difficult to explain that I'm not actually selling them anything.

I'm wondering whether I should go into the 'setting-up-affiliate-programs' business. Or maybe partnering with someone who is, if there is such a person.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Geoff -The Bee Guy

Try to expand your search by thinking like someone interested in bees or beekeeping. Don't think strictly "beekeeping" but think about the person interested in beekeeping and think what they may be interested in. For example, books about bees and beekeeping or about canning honey, etc. I don't know what you have on your site or what you covered but this line of thinking can open up some ideas for you.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Think food in general...
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Agree with both Greg's you will have to search for ancillary products that support the hobby. There are plenty of products that contain honey or bees wax, ornaments and clothing but that's not your target market.

Am happy to help you evaluate sites with the intent to pitch them an affiliate program. If there is enough traffic to the subject it may be an under-served market.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffkb View Post
    Is there a way to search for affiliate programs? I've tried things like Googling - affiliate site:*bees*.* -but it returns nothing.
    Geoff,

Try this search...

beekeeping affiliate program

As mentioned before, consider products made from beeswax, ie: hair products, soap, etc. Also, clothing from say Zazzle, Amazon, etc. Books, from various merchants on different networks...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Other products
    Thanks guys.

Yes I've tried some of that, books, DVDs, honey, candles, T-shirts, stuff with bees on and ecological stuff. None of it has been as successful as the one 'relevant' affiliate I have.

I'm sure there must be programs out there which are central to my niche, but how can I find them?

Affiliate Search
    Hi Convergence

I've had a Google Alert set up for that, and other, searches for about a year. However I did the search anyway and found evidence of what looks the start of an affiliate program from one of the major players!

Of course the term and conditions etc. may be hopeless, but it's a start. If they launch a program I'm sure other players in the industry will follow.

The search did return a lot of 'affiliate programs' for a useless eBook which is hyped everywhere and is, IMHO, a piece of junk!

Thank you SO much for the prompt.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread