I know this topic is like beating a dead horse, but I'm still amazed that reports don't tie into one another and how useless the new and improved reports are.

1) The new ordering of reports based on Posting Date is ridiculous. Anyone who works for any company in the US that follows GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles), which is basically all of them, will tell you that these reports are NOT useful. We should have the ability to sort by Event date OR posting date so the proper info can be drawn from the CJ system based on each companies' needs.

2) I still can't figure out why my transaction reports and performance reports don't agree to each other. I'm pretty sure that bonus and performance incentives in the transaction reports don't carry through to the performance reports (even though I've been told they do, they clearly do not). Even with these adjustments, they still don't agree. There's only 2 weeks in January so it should be easy, but I'm off by roughly 1% of my income between the reports.

3) Trying to reconcile the monthly balance with the new ordering in reports is almost impossible. With the old groupings, once you understood how to pull the proper info, it took about 2 minutes to reconcile everything. Now it is nearly an impossible task.

Is anyone else who has significant monthly transactions, and who keeps proper accounting records for their company having the same problems with these reports? I need to know if I'm missing something that would make this easier, or if the problem is truely with the reports.

Thanks.

It would be nice if the CJ reports came up as several tables. The first would have all the positive transactions for the month. Then, below that, another table might represent all reversals. Then another table that shows any batched transactions that occured last month, but won't be paid until this month. Etc, etc, etc.

Then a final table that shows what your current monthly balance is.

As it is now, I have to search for what may be causing my figures to not add up. Usually I just give up.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

I just download into excel and sort into groups there. I can usually get everything to match up.

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/

quote:
    Originally posted by Mark Mitford, Dotster.com:
    I just download into excel and sort into groups there. I can usually get everything to match up.

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

But why should we have to go to all that work? A little programing on CJ's part and we all could easily see everything. I'm sure this would also cut down on support questions to CJ by publishers wondering why their reports don't add up right.

I want to spend my time building web pages and attracting visitors, not downloading stats and sorting them.

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Ron,

I agree with you, it would make my life a lot easier if the CJ reports were better.

Regards,

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

I wanted to respond to item #2 in my original post. This one was my mistake out of frustration trying to reconcile the new reports. Fact is, at this point in time, my 2003 MTD performance report and MTD transactions DO tie out, but of course, some adjustments are necessary. If I add the performance incentives and bonuses from my transactions report to my performance reports(since they are never included), AND adjust out any 2002 transactions that were initially posted in 2003, the numbers do equal.

It would still be a huge improvement if a user could choose the field to group by when running the reports by month (including transaction date), but at least the reports do tie out (at least for me), which is some relief over the integrity of the actual data.

wtjpm
    The performance report is nice, but not realtime and should not be considered for you bookkeeping (that report is designed for your controlers hehe). I still haven't figured out, how much behind the performance report is, but I would only use (and trust) the report, if its for the previous month and we past the first 2 weeks of the current month.

The new transaction report is actually better for an accountant. You know when a transaction occurs and you know, when a change of that transaction occurs with reference to the original transaction. It's strait forward accounting.

A new transaction is a "sale" and a reversal or adjustment of the sale later is a "return". You have a reference to the original transaction in the "reversal" transaction.

You can also approach it different. A new Transaction is like a sale done with a check and if it gets locked 1-2 month later = cleared check. A reversal is like a bounced check .
    The only problem there is, that you do now know when the "check" was cleared or the transaction locked, if you do not check every day.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net
    Sign-up for our Affiliate Program
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=2123

If you can't move things, try harder!

Almost forgot to mention.
    The CJ Reports should not be the whole basis of your accounting. The proper accounting should be done in your accounting software (if its excel, fine ). The new report and the download of the new report provide the information correctly. The old report was almost useless to be imported into an accounting application.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net
    Sign-up for our Affiliate Program
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=2123

If you can't move things, try harder!

ABW Ambassador
    accounting?

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph

ABW Ambassador
    ha ha, thats what i thought!!!

maybe i should start keeping accounts!!!

Todd, what is the possibility of making some of these changes?

Have no fear ladies and gentlemen - I am about to release a program that will take care of all this, automatically, for you, simply by downloading the report(s) and clicking a button.

I will post its release within the week (hopefully).

keith brooks

Quote Originally Posted by revxml
    Have no fear ladies and gentlemen - I am about to release a program that will take care of all this, automatically, for you, simply by downloading the report(s) and clicking a button.

I will post its release within the week (hopefully).

keith brooks
    You do realize that this thread is over 3 years old, right?

I noticed that, but once you find a good forum you tend to keep going back to it. If anyone who previously posted to this thread, or anyone who stumbles upon it (as I did), has the same or similar issues performing Campaign reconciliation, I have the solution, and it will be in production on, or about, August 15th, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by revxml
    I noticed that, but once you find a good forum you tend to keep going back to it. If anyone who previously posted to this thread, or anyone who stumbles upon it (as I did), has the same or similar issues performing Campaign reconciliation, I have the solution, and it will be in production on, or about, August 15th, 2007.
    I would be better if you had posted a new thread and give a reference to this one.

Hi is there any information about SOAP or REST CJ API and reporting. I want to get those reports. Please share and help. Thanks

you do realize that this thread is over 3 years old, right?
    +1

Outsourced Program Manager Nathan Weinberg's Avatar
    Ha! Almost three years to the month after the first time this thread was three years old, it happens again! And three years after the program was coming "within a week". I love it!

By the way - reports on the advertiser side are even harder to work with. Some obviously needed reports don't exist, there is no API or automated reports (we had to build our own system for automating anything).
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2]Nathan Weinberg[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1]Outsourced Program Manager
    Blue Cherry Group
    :envelope:[/SIZE] [SIZE=1] nweinberg(at)bluecherrygroup(dotcom) :telephone[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]646.290.8127 x203[/SIZE]

Moderator Note: 7 year old thread closed
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

20. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread