Target links from newsletter 'invalid' Urgent please
    Hi can anyone please help? I have written to Target but without a reply. For the second week I have updated all the links for the new Sunday week offers but again the links when clicked on from the site are coming up invalid. Please help as it takes time to update these every Sunday and it is frustrating when you dont get any sales for the week as the links are invalid. Thank you.

ABW Ambassador
    I think no one can help you here other than the target AM who sent out the nesletters.

It is frustrating when you suppose to copy and paste the links from merchants' newsletters but they don't work. Not just Target, I've seen this problem happened across many other merchants. Some AMs/OPMs just don't do their job right.

My advice is, alway double check the links in the newsletter. When I find out the newsletter links don't work, if I have time, I will go to network inetrface to get the correct links. Otherwise, I will simply delete the newletter.

3. Thanks From:

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Can you please send me the link to the newsletters, links, offers and your Publisher ID either via PM or to jamier[at]google.com?

Thank you,

Jamie

5. Thanks From:

Target invalid links
    Hi thank you James I have sent an email from carol@beauriche.com to you with info

Thank you Mayfly. I found another set as well. Not sure what is happening but you are quite right in future I will double check the Newsletter links before entering them all. Take care. Carol.

Hello,

If you are receiving customized links that don't have a K in front of your pubid like pubid=1234, please put a K in front of the 12345 number. The link should look like this &pubid=K12345

Thank you,

Google Affiliate Network

Hi Thank you. I am trying to find out what happened here. The old Google ID number with all the zeros has been replaced with a shorter number with a K prefix? I thought that the K was an interal reference for a level or something. I seemed to have not received this information. Does this mean that Popshops, Golden Can etc sales have not been attributed to me as well? What happened here? I get notifications to join Adsense to link accounts, to agree to link everything so that it is one sign on. That's important? But I dont get anything from Google that affects my income and putting food on the table for my grandchildren. I am surprised and disapppointed in Google. Target was still up till Sunday sending through links in my Newsletters with the old code which I was cutting and pasting into the web site. They did not know. I did not know. But my sales have been non existant and it was worrying the socks of me. I know you have a lot to do and you seem to have incredible work loads but surely an email informing me that it was important for me to physically alter my links should have been sent? Thank you.

Oh Lord this new Google ID problem goes back months
    Hi I have just checked and this is not just Target. This problem relates to Kohl's as well as many other advertisers. I just updated JC Whitney for October and saw that their August/September offers included the new code with K. So this has been a problem since August for those advertisers that were using the new code but omitting the K prefix. I would advise all publishers to check their codes if they use links in Newsletters, which I use 70% of the time. I was concerned that revenue had dropped dramatically with Google Performics compared to CJ etc. and now I know why.

I am thoroughly confused by this as well. If I build product links in the GAN interface they still have the pubid with the longer number with many zeroes. Do these still work? Under what circumstances are we supposed to use the pubid with the K in front of it?

Hello all,

Tracking links will currently work if the publisher id is the long form (21000...), as seen in the interface, or the short form with a "K" (K12345), as seen in a few email communications, but they won't work if the publisher id is the short form without the "K". As long as you are approved for the advertiser's program, your links will work given the above.

Thank you,

Jamie

Jamie,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Cathy

Hi Jamie, This is more than a few emails as it goes back to September and from several advertisers which issued multiple emails a week. I am kicking myself that I did not physically check the links but after four years of the same process it did not occur to me that there was a problem. I have so many pages and rely on being able to utilise the newsletters with the latest offers. I have not heard from a manager yet, as per your email, but look forward to their reply. Take care Jamie and I am so pleased that there is someone who responds on behalf of Google. Have a great weekend. Carol

Hi,

I've just deployed new code to support the newsletter links that Target/Kohl and others were sending out. Please verify that they work, but hopefully you won't need to update your sites and add K's to the IDs anymore.

Basically we went ahead and changed gan.doubleclick.net to also accept short-style IDs without the K in front. I realize there are 3 ID formats and it's confusing to folks. But all 3 formats of IDs should work now.

I hope this helps,

Brian

Invalid Links
    Hi Brian, Thank you. Take care and have an awesome day. Carol

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread