Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thumbs up First! Affiliate Marketing App Market
    We think this is BIG news, and hope that you'll agree...

Introducing the AvantLink App Market!
    ...to encourage innovators to build capabilities within our architecture that will enhance business relationships, provide new technical tools for Affiliate marketers, and in general, continue to add functionality to our platform. Through the market these innovators will have the opportunity to monetize their applications, tools, scripts or widgets by participating in the income streams generated by these capabilities.
    From the announcement, just posted: So what does this mean? Think platform technology or application software, then apply it to Affiliate marketing tools. More info & official announcement from the blog:

AvantLink Affiliate App Market

2. Thanks From:

I'm new to affiliate marketing - is this the first of its kind; or one of the first?

AvantLink App Market

Thanks, guys. As far as I know this is the first open platform for Affiliate ad technology. We have always been about network-integrated Affiliate tools, but it was clear to us some time ago that we cannot build it all (although not planned, launch timing could not be better in light of the circulating Google Rant- read it now, before it's gone!).. so that's where technically savvy, creative Affiliate developers come in.

We have already seen LOTS of killer apps, widgets, dynamic scripts, plugins, etc. being developed out there with the use of our industry-leading API...so why not give the developers of these tools a way to monetize them through our network? At the same time this expands our capabilities, and offers more innovative tools that can drive sales and conversion for Affiliates.

If you have not already, be sure to check out the Prezi Chad made and posted to our YouTube channel. It's embedded above. That sums it up in 1:33. GM

Gary, This is really interesting. My application to the program is submitted. Real anxious to get in and see how it all works.

Glad you're intrigued, John. Just activated you.

Official press release likely hitting tomorrow for this.. we're going to try PitchEngine.com.. will post to this thread once it's up.

GM

Umm, have a feeling this is waaaay over my head lol but definitely wanna congratulate you since seems like is really something good.

While I'm here, wanna give a to your support. Had teeny problem with a datafeed other day, submitted a ticket without even putting it as a high priority to be answered but was answered very, very quickly regardless. (wasn't anything I did wrong or anything on your end, just had to change the name slightly since microsoft evidently didn't like it lol )

Thumbs up
    So nice to hear from you PB Well, it might be a little advanced for you to develop and submit anything for the app market.. but as an Affiliate you certainly have free access to what's available there.

Go to "Tools" and then "App Market" at bottom of page.. and then play around with the "Best Deal" application.. once you configure a best deal subscription for a merchant, it's as simple as pasting banner link code on your site.

This is a great idea Gary. Hope it works out for everyone. superCool will give it a look and see if he has any brilliant ideas

A few questions:
    1) Will the apps be reviewed in any way by AvantLink for quality and safety?
    2) Will there be a rating and comment system in place to track feedback and results?
    3) Can you give an idea of what the commission would be for the average sale?
    4) Who is responsible for setting up the app page on AvantLink? Will the develop be able to include screen shots, samples, etc..?

thanks!

10. Thanks From:

Thanks for the SuperCool Qs..
    1. Yes we approve and certify all apps.
    2. Yes the plan is to eventually have the same type of ratings systems as you see for WordPress plugins.
    3. The default commission/sale is 20% of the network's commission (standard commission we get is 3%).
    4. If I understand your question correctly, yes. Developers host and support their own applications.
    If you login, and go to the AvantLink App Market internal info page, you'll see a link to the terms and conditions...where you can get all the details.

PS/ Your signature rocks

OK here is the PitchEngine piece. Pretty cool "socialized PR content".

Affiliate App Market by AvantLink

No other questions or comments?

@PRWeb piece went out at 3am..

Affiliate Marketing App Market by AvantLink

I'd say something nice about the innovation, and how you guys always lead the pack.... but I always do that

Congrats to the Avantlink team for being true industry leaders.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

15. Thanks From:

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'd say something nice about the innovation, and how you guys always lead the pack.... but I always do that
    You sure do, Kevin.. and we appreciate it! GM

Affiliate Manager
    I'm a bit late to the game (and this thread), but what you're doing at AvantLink looks pretty interesting, and definitely relevant to my company. I just applied a few minutes ago!

------
    Bruce Sturgell - Chubstr Media

18. Thanks From:

Just a quick thread ...

to let folks know we added a new app to the marketplace. Check out the details here: New App Market Tool: DealAtATime

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    to let folks know we added a new app to the marketplace. Check out the details here: New App Market Tool: DealAtATime
    This tool is AWESOME! I have a page where I display multiple different DOTD widgets from different merchants and it is all over the place in look/colors/style.

I think that having the ability to unify the look of each DOTD widget on that page will add to the user experience a great deal.

Thanks for continuing to innovate, Gary... I look forward to more apps!

21. Thanks From:

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread