Hello Everyone,

I am new to Affiliate Marketing witn no previous knowledge of programing or coding. Although I have built a website using Frontpage and have learnt a bit of editing the code to the extent of formating and changing the links.

Can anybody refer me to any kind of book or site that helps in the very basics of Web Develpment, specifically targeting the Affiliates?

Although I found this ABW to be quiet informative but most of the members use technical language and it way goes over my head.

Beause the things I have read here, merchants frauds or parasitewares, are bit scary for somebody like me who is new to the business and dont know how to protect my commission. After readin all that stuff I fail to understand how really the big affiliates are making money and protecting their commissions from parasites.

Start was quiet incouraging for me as I was only selling the books from amazon and conversion was good too. Seeing the results I signed up with LS & CJ and joined few more merchants. I have put lot of extra hours and hardwork to build a reasonable amount of site. But since then everything seems to come to hault and even books sales have gone down though the clicks have increased.

For the time being I am not using any kind of database, just a simple static site with copying and inserting merchants links I get from LS or CJ.

I would apprecaite if all of you experienced Affiliates here help me out and quide me to the right direction and let me know even its worth putting all those long hours and expecting a return.

Thanks in advance to everyone who contribute a piece of advice.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ahmar:
    Can anybody refer me to any kind of book or site that helps in the very basics of Web Develpment, specifically targeting the Affiliates? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Don't know of any books re: web development which specifically target affiliates.

When I started out I pretty much read everything I could get my hands on.

Go to Yahoo and enter affiliate marketing. Visit all the sites and devour anything and everything . . a lot of advice is out there for FREE. If you find something particularly helpful or inspiring, print it out so you can re-read it several times over the next couple of weeks until it all sinks in.

There are a lot of good books at Amazon as well. Use your Amazon affiliate commissions to purchase the books. See if the book is available used . . you'll save some money.

READ, READ, READ . . That's the best way to learn!

A lot of the affiliate networks have sections with affiliate advice, affiliate helpers, affiliate tools, etc. Take advantage of all of this free advice and the tips for success.

Yes, the hours are long! When I started out I worked anywhere from 12 to 16 hours a day 7 days a week for 3 years straight . . NO vacations . . NO days off!

There is definitely no free lunch . . . but it has been well worth my time.

Good Luck to You!

Hello IDoEyes,

Thanks a lot for taking some time to write and all the tips you have provided.

One more thing and very important one how are you dealing with the parasites stealing away the commissions? Beause I already had problem with Register.com. Client of mine I personally know register 6 Domain names with Register.com after clicking my links. But after waiting for more than 15 days with no credit of commission to my account, I wrote to Register.com and I provided all the details of registeration and luckily they wrote back to me and confirmed my commission will be credited soon. Now I dont know what went wrong either it was a parasite or merchant not tracking the sales properly. This is the case where I know that the sale was done 100% through my site but I wonder there must be how many sales that Affilates dont get the credit???

Thanks once again for all your input.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

One of the best books I've read on Internet Marketing and this business is Robert Allen's Multiple Streams of Internet Income. It's like 15 bucks, extremely worth it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pino:
    One of the best books I've read on Internet Marketing and this business is Robert Allen's Multiple Streams of Internet Income. It's like 15 bucks, extremely worth it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I thought I had read just about every book out there .. but, have not read this one.

I checked out the book, however, in the sales letter Mr. Allen claims to have made huge amounts of money on the Internet in only 24 hours. The only way I could see this happening would be using Affiliate Arbitrage, which is being banned by the SE as of January 1st.

Is this basically what the book is about? Sending traffic from your PPC link directly to an affiliate program rather than to your website? If this is the case, I am not so sure this would be the best time to invest the $39.95 that the book costs.

Was there other information in this book as well, in regard to Internet Marketing, which you would consider valuable?

I found Ken Envoy's books to be helpful when I was starting out. His SiteBuildIt template is good for beginners but extremely fustrating and restrictive for more advanced affiliates.

R

Actually, large marketers who have developed *LARGE* opt-in marketing lists over the years can bring in a lot of income within a fairly short time, because they don't have to start from scratch, the way that newer marketers would have to.

Not sure if that is how RGA made the large amonts in 24 hours, but that is one of the most common ways.

ABW Ambassador

Hi, Ahmar,

The best book on website coding I have seen so far is:

Web Design In A Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference by Jennifer Niederst,
    published by O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN: 1-56592-515-7.

I use GoDaddy to register my domain. They are prompt, take electronic checks and I have not had any problems with them so far.

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread