I'm looking for a good link exchange tool. I found one at hotscripts but it is limited in what it can do. It is called Linkman.

Any other suggestions?
    Deleted

try http://smarterscripts.com they have a free one or you can upgrade to a paid version with more features...

It's called intellilink Free / Pro

I use the pro version on one of my sites
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:
    try http://smarterscripts.com they have a free one or you can upgrade to a paid version with more features...

It's called intellilink Free / Pro

I use the pro version on one of my sites <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my2cents...you haven't had any problems with Intellilink PRO?

I'm migrating my IP sites to other platforms because of the issues I've been having. I purchased the PRO version with the unlimited updates and although support is excellent I've had numerous problems with the script. If the site gets quite a bit of traffic sometimes the script will "lose" the database...all your link partners gone! In the new version there is a backup feature but it has to be done manually by logging in. Most of the issues seem to occur on the Ensim platform (I don't know why). There are numerous 'free' scripts available or some really nice 'paid' scripts with lots of features that are more stable. Arelis is an excellent client side but expensive option (if you buy the unlimite license) and Reciprocal Manager is a server side script utilizing PHP/mySQL that is almost as good but much cheaper solution.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steveinid:
    I'm looking for a good link exchange tool. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I get an email that looks even vaguely like it's been generated by a link exchange tool I delete it immediately and don't bother to read it. Then again I have sites that are above PR2.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Ward:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steveinid:
    I'm looking for a good link exchange tool. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Then again I have sites that are above PR2. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious Paul...is your implication that no webmaster with a site above a PR2 would use a tool to automate this aspect of their business?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanley Holtsclaw:
    Just curious Paul...is your implication that no webmaster with a site above a PR2 would use a _tool_ to automate this aspect of their business? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My implication is that this webmaster with sites above PR2 is not going to risk link exchanges with potentially scummy sites that could adversely affect my PR.

Animal Lover
    The ones I really dislike are those that say they want to link to you and then say 'I'll keep my site details secret until you say yes'...

I usually delete those. If they are serious about a link exchange, they should at least let me look at what I'm agreeing to link to before I say 'yes'??

I've got something I whippped up myself - nothing flash just php/mysql database that let's me add links as they come up and people ask for an exchange - no spiders to check links though so I manually check them myself so I can't say that's it's full proof but it serves my purposes so far.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Ward:
    My implication is that this webmaster with sites above PR2 is not going to risk link exchanges with potentially scummy sites that could adversely affect my PR. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Paul on the above! I also feel that...

There's "automating" the link exchange process and tools for doing that - which would be of no interest to me to have posted on my sites -or- to be contacted by (a robotic spam-like event). This would likely be a webpage script in my mind.

And (I imagine) there are tools to manage the search for appropriate sites (relevant content and relative PR) to consider linking to - and that can also manage / track links you were able to establish. This would likely be a software application in my mind.

Does this second animal exist? I do it all manually now...

Look into the zues software...

I have the Zeus software also. There is a free version and a paid version. It's pretty good at getting a link system set up and keeping your links up to date. But I've heard that google doesn't like any kind of automated links so after getting about 100 links I just stopped. I get about 15 requests a week and turn them all down.
    Pam

Good Software And Scripts
    Hey Steve,

Funny you should be looking for just the thing I have been on the hunt for, I recemmend ARELIS if your looking for "software" and what to "publish" or ftp your links pages to your server.

For me with so many domains and sites even that was too much work trying to keep up with links requests.... I now switched over to an automated script from clickbank called Reciprocal Manager.

It does a good job but your server has to be able to run:

php 4.2.2
    MySql 3.23

Also note that if you use godaddy and host with them the script will not work either, your best bet is to look for hosting that offers "cpanel".

I have the script up at several of my sites:

http://www.my-engagement-rings.com/
    http://www.my-affiliate-programs.com/
    http://www.rx-affiliate-support.com/

And about 5 or 6 other sites, it does a nice job becuase it updated static html pages and you don't have to ftp for each link addition. You can also check links, email people your have traded with (everyone or individuals) and more. The install is a bit more advanced but the instructions are very good and the price can not be beat $67 bucks.

Their is a link on any of those sites above "this reciprocal links database managed with Reciprocal Manager" ....

That take you too the site.

Good product

Cheers,

Reciprocial Manager is good but if you don't have the money the "Link Management Assistant" does a similar job and other nice features.

You can see it here: http://www.onlinemarketingtoday.com/...nk-management/

View example here: http://www.getblogs.com/

Its free by them having a link at the bottom but you can pay to get them off if you like. Very customizable

I'm using linkman after some changes made by myself. Well... actually it is a brand new software based on linkman. The frontend is on http://dzwonki-loga.org/addlink.html (in Polish). Backend gives me PR of the pages, ability to delete/deactivate link, automatic check if the links are still there (using quite smart regexp), and more.
    I'd have to change it from txtfile to mySQL one day No time....

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread