blog or website.
    hello all

I have found my niche and have written some content (notepad files on my computer) I have found some affiliate programs that i think would be a good fit.

Now that I am ready to put this plan into action I have to ask if you think it would be better to build a regular website or a blog such as Wordpress

Thank You

Al

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Can you create HTML pages and ftp to your server?

hello

Yes I can create webpages, I have dreamweaver and have built several websites.

Thank You

Al

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    A Wordpress blog is create for easily creating content but a website gives you full control. The decision is up to you and based on what you intend the site to become.

Quote Originally Posted by agmccall View Post
    hello all

I have found my niche and have written some content (notepad files on my computer) I have found some affiliate programs that i think would be a good fit.

Now that I am ready to put this plan into action I have to ask if you think it would be better to build a regular website or a blog such as Wordpress

Thank You

Al
    To begin with wordpress it is always easy and no need much design knowledge of creating a new webpage with either html or any other server scripts.Everything is ready, available at your finger tips and all you need to update the content through your admin panel.Best of luck
    [URL="http://www.softnwords.com"]Unique articles and content listing[/URL]

Wordpress can be used for both.. but deciding whether to create a "blog" style vs website depends on how much time you have..

A blog is much easier to build, as it's your own voice, and doesn't require too much structure (your posts can be about an assortment of topics). This format would give you time to figure out the direction of the site.

If you choose the "website" path, you need to create an identity for the site... specific niche, mission statement, how many pages/posts you want to add. You will also have to maintain a higher quality of content (unlike a blog, which can be more conversational).

I would build both, Have them link to each other. Especially if you are good at writing blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Wordpress can be used for both.. but deciding whether to create a "blog" style vs website depends on how much time you have.
    You can combine website + blog functions with WP, maybe start with a website & add blogging functions later. Doesn't have to be an "either - or" decision upfront.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

9. Thanks From:

Thanks everyone for the reply's
    I have alot of thinking to do

al

The blog or website actually depends on functionality of a site. If it is a tool or service, then it is better to make as website. If it is just information, then use blog.

Sometimes you do not even need to buy domain and hosting as you can use free blogging software which allow Javascript plugins. For example Blogger.com. Later you will be able to make your own domain.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread