Smile My experiences! (Product vs Deals)
    Hi!

I started with Affilorama and it was overwhelming. The choices of what you can sell and the various options were way too confusing. Plus, knowing that I have to compete against others for a product that I am not entirely sure of (ebooks, niche marketing products), etc. was tough. Even if you pick a product, you have to fight with others to be the top of google and make sure that the traffic converted into sales.

I started working with Groupon and it's easier. I use social media to generate traffic which turn into sales. The products are well branded and legit as well so considering that they are in sale online makes life easier. This way, I don't have much competition, and sell things which have been sold for a while instead of "too good to be true", or "change your life forever" products which people buy thanks to tacky marketing, but you don't know much about the products.

What do you guys think?

2. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I don't think anyone answered because you really didn't ask a question.

Hi!

It's okay. I just shared something and if people read it and found it helpful, then that's sweet. Right now, I am helping affiliates and coaching them in to sell deals from their website. So far, its been great. We are also launching a site as well.

I was not successful with selling a specific product, so that's just my experience. Thanks for responding.

What I think: a subtle promo for your services.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

HAHAHA, I don't need people from here as my clients are beginners. My partner does the recruiting while I am the blogger. We have yet to launch. Any opinions about your experiences would be nice.

For me, I took the product route and it was hard because genuine people had nothing on those who sold products through unethical or false promises. It was too competitive. However, some do succeed.

ABW Ambassador
    But you were a beginner at the beginning of the year yourself, I read some of your earlier posts here. Usually some sort of track record, history of success would be good. And if you were successful, you usually wouldn't run and tell the world about it, it's usually those who aren't as succesful as they wish other people to believe, that venture into this kind of thing or people that used to be successful many years ago and aren't anymore, so they need a new source of revenue. And suckers have always been good for that.

True. I am still learning. I started out as a beginner but a friend taught me more about affiliate marketing. I used to do some SEO but now I do facebook marketing. It's just that he wants to take it up a notch so I am on board.

As for suckers, we are doing something that's built on trust. My friend has set up a system to charge a percentage of the profit at the end of the month rather than take anything upfront. As if that weren't good enough, I am setting up a facebook fan page where former clients will write testimonials and give us a link to their website so that there is proof. It's still a work in progress, but once we set up the foundation, our future clients will have all the proof they need.

Anyways, success varies. I myself made a few hundred bucks through this partly because I am still balancing a career. My friend on the other hand has been at it much longer.

I would simply love to know what you guys do and your stories. That's all. Nothing to sell.

ABW Ambassador
    "Right now, I am helping affiliates and coaching them in to sell deals from their website"

But you're really not in a position to help or coach since you only made a few hundred bucks in a year, in something you're tying to sell. If it was really good, you would be rolling in many thousands and have a track record of success with it. You're just not successful with any of this, at this point. So you're not qualified to coach anybody. So you're bound to find some suckers on Facebook, just not here.

That's the point. My friend has done it longer than I have. He has put more hours in it. That is why he is the coach while I am training. Eventually, we will hire reps to do it. I am more of an employee at this point.

Also, I have not done it consistently so you can't say I made that much in a year. I have a career to manage. My friend on the other hand has done it for the long haul. As for us, we don't expect to be rich off of it. It's just something we do to get people started. No upfront fees so less risk.

When it comes to clients, I will advertise through various methods. We even have a programmer who will design the sites.

As for records, we are getting there. We just planned on starting it so from now on we will go through a record keeping process.

I don't want to get anyone from here. Just wanted opinions but I guess we all have that side to us that is always alert. Do you have any success story? Would love to know about that. I mean, its a conversation after all.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread