Cool Very new and very confused affiliate
    Very new at this business! Thought I understood how to do all of this affiliate posting, but the more I research and read, I think I am more confused now than I was! If there is someone that can help me with a few questions I would certainly appreciate it!

Thanks alot
    Denise

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Denise, you haven't asked a question?

Unhappy My Questions
    I am confused in regards to the CPS, PPL, PPS, EPC etc. I know that I can go to Adsence Microsoft and Facebook for the PPC and CPM advertising methods, but I don't know where to go to advertise a product for the Pay For Action things that I want to promote! I hope this makes some sense?

I really appreciate your getting back with me so soon!!
    Denise

What are you selling?

Selling
    That's a great question but hard to answer because I'm not just selling one product! I have signed up with different advertisers to be a publisher for them and I can pick what I want to advertise! I'm now looking to promote a product called money mobile machine that is suppose to be really hot! But I just look to see what advertisers I want to work with and the products they offer! I'm looking at the products of weight loss, quit smoking products, credit cards, foreclosure, and I also get some of my ideals off of the commercials on TV! I hope this makes more sense! I am signing up for advertisers that promote by CPC and the other ones that I listed before, but when I find something that I would like to promote, I honestly don't know where to go to promote it? I hope you don't think I am stupid, but there is some much to understand and learn on becoming an Affiliate Marketer. I love doing this, but I would probably love it more if I was actually making some money ! LOLOLO

Thanks alot Chuck

Do you have a website? That's how affiliate marketers promote various products.

You don't usually "go anywhere" to promote a product - you build a website, and link to merchants from your own site. For example, if I wanted to promote TV-related products, I would create a site/blog about "as seen on TV".. hopefully enough people would visit the site, and it would start to generate sales.

Affiliate marketers spend most of their updating their own websites with content.. which is why the first rule of thumb is to choose a niche that interests you personally. As a publisher, you have to start publishing.. and that (usually) means on your own website.

Website
    Thank you so much! You guys are just awesome on this site!

Thanks again

Denise

Denise you are in way over your head! Sounds like the next year will be spent promoting someone else's product on your nickel and you stand to lose a lot of money. I recommend you hack off from what you are doing and go into an education phase. This forum is about affiliate marketing and you don't seem to know what that means.

Thank alot
    WOW!! You ask me what my question was, and I told you. I certainly didn't expect to get such a pleasant response when you knew that I was very, very new at this! I thought this forum was to help people and hopefully coach them in the right direction! Thank you so much for making me feel so stupid and I am trying so hard!

What a support group!

Not meant to make you feel stupid. You acronyms like CPS, PPL, PPS, EPC which are rather sophisticated then say you are selling products. You talk about AdSense and Facebook advertising which are sophisticated and an easy way to lose money fast if you don't know what you are doing.

Are you an affiliate, do you have an affiliate site and are you here to learn how to be an affiliate?

Denise, I'm puzzled by your response, are you being sarcastic..?

Affiliate marketing is a profession, just like any other.. we were all new at one point, and this forum is a place where you can learn a lot. The questions you asked were valid, but you need to understand more about the process. You didn't tell us if you even have a website yet.

Choosing what products to promote is the first step - you can't (and shouldn't!) promote everything without knowing how this whole thing works. That's all I read in Chuck's comments..

12. Thanks From:

Learning
    I am very interested in Affiliate Marketing, and very much want to learn! I have always wanted to be able to work at home (I lost my job in April of this year) so wanting to learn and prove to myself that I can do this would be great! All I have ever wanted is to live comfortable and provide for my family!

Profession
    I really do understand that this is a profession and that is why I am trying to do this! I do have a website but having some problems with being able to save changes that I make! My web host is trying to correct the problem!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Denise,

Let us start with some definitions:
    Affiliate marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Compensation methods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your goal is to promote products for others and in return receive compensation when the visitor you refer makes a purchase from the merchant you are promoting.

Each segment of your marketing efforts is an art form unto itself. It takes money, trial and error, a business sense, time, and most of all, patience.

Most affiliates market products via their own website by creating unique content (writing) about the product they wish to entice a visitor to purchase. Creating your own website requires knowledge in design, which includes: functionality, appearance, SEO (search engine optimization), and the user experience, to name a few.

However, "Build it and they will come" doesn't work in the online world - your website needs to be marketed. There are many ways you can market your website: SEO, PPC (Pay Per Click ads on the Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Facebook, etc), Social Media, Offline Marketing, etc. Unless you have an endless supply of money to throw away until you learn the intricacies of PPC marketing it is good advise to stay clear, or at the minimum, start slow.

There are merchants that allow you to market via PPC and send traffic directly to them versus sending the visitor to your website first. Reading and understanding the merchants' TOS (Terms of Service) regarding PPC is very important. One wrong step and the merchant can end your relationship and keep any commissions as a result of you violating their policies.

This is the over simplified explanation. Feel free to ask questions...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Thanks for your email and the information that you sent. I appreciate it!

You might want to take some time to read through the Magic Bullet thread that will help give you insights about affiliate marketing & realistic expectations.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

18. Thanks From:

Thanks alot Renee!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread