I just realised somthing strange today.
    I have been receivng some pop ups from When U.
    Anytime I click through an affiliate on our site or though an email especially (merchant newsletters with links to put up), a small window pops up.

An example
    I clicked a link in the newsletter we received from Gateway about news link we had to put, so I could see the offer for my self.
    There pops up this small window which had this

-------quote--------
    Save on the Special Promotions!
    Coupon Code: 0
    Click here to redeem your coupon
    Select your merchandise.
    Proceed to check-out.
    Enter your coupon code in Step 3 of checkout in the field labeled "Coupon Code".
    Click "Send Order" at the bottom of this page.
    Your order total will recalculate and save U money! (Your order will have been placed by this time)
    When entering the site through promotional URL links your discount will automatically be applied to your order at checkout once purchase requirements are met.
    Terms: Don't miss the Weekly Deals.
    Close Window

A WhenU.com offer - click ? for info

--------unquote----------

SO I clicked on the link that was in their window and it took me to the page, I was supposed to have gone with our affiliate link.

Compare the 2 links
    Their link
    http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=37919389&siteid=38990066&bfpage=weelk

and our link
    http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=37919389&siteid=38882234&bfpage=consumer_profile_4

They had replaced our link with theirs and I am so shocked.

First of all I do not remember downloading any script from When U so how some this is happening to me.
    I can just imagine how many sales they have robbed other affiliates

Can anyone please tell me how I can get rid of the pop up scripts from Whenu on my computer?

http://www.abusaki.com

Hi Girlie,

Can you do me a favor? Click on our links on your site, and let me know if there are any pop-ups.

We stopped working with WhenU a few months back, so there shouldn't be any.

I just want to make sure though.

Thanks,
    Michael

PS. I just double checked, and our tech guys are setting up a separate computer this week, for us to do this type of testing on our own.

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael@barenecessities.com

Hello,
    I just checked my barenecessities link on my page and a popup came up too. It said click here for 5% discount then this came up:

----quote---------
    Take 30 seconds to save!
    1. Sign-up for an Ebates account.
    2. Only requires email & password!
    3. After sign-up you will see the Ebates homepage.
    4. Click on "Apparel & Jewelry" fo a link back to BareNecessities.
    5. You can then shop as usual!
    6. You will get 5% CASH BACK on anything you buy.

Don't throw away your money!
    Close window

A whenU.com offer - click ? for info

-------- end of quote ------------

I haven't been doing this enough to figure out what is going on, and I don't know anything about WhenU.com.

Hummmmmmmmmmmm. Not sure how to get rid of it either.

John

If you don't have anything new in add/remove programs, download lavasoft's ad-aware and try that.

ABW Ambassador
    Download and run AdAware by lavasoft. HIGHLY recommended. http://www.lavasoft.de/

Thanks a bunch everyone! I just downloaded AdAWare and ran it.(twice)

I checked my BareNecessities link and the pop up is gone! I also checked my host log on page and another annoying popup is also gone. Plus I think my computer is running faster now.

AdAWare found 60 components and I deleted them all.

Really Appreciate the advice.

John

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You sure caught Whenu/Shopnow red handed in their commission thievery plot. Notice also how they deceive shoppers and partner with other dubeous merchants like eBates.com. I feel sorry for any ABW member who operates a "incent" site, since your bigger brothers are much better thieves. Put MLM together with incent deals and you have some real chance to dupe the get rich quick crowd. Most incent sites just fail to pay off their duped herd of "get paid to..whatever.." (Like Nitroclicks.com) and open up under a new name when they get threats from unpaid dreamers. The big boys just hype up the savings angle ..get automated treatment by the affiliate networks and proceed to pilfer commisisons from our own traffic. When are we going to delve deeper into this eBates.com duperaffiliate relationships with parasites and the networks?

WebMaster Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    When are we going to delve deeper into this eBates.com duperaffiliate relationships with parasites and the networks?

WebMaster Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ebates.com, Amazon.com and TopMoxie have a very "close" relationship. So close in fact that I and others have eliminated our affiliate links to Amazon.com.

Currently, there is a firestorm at the Amazon Affiliate discussion board concerning this.

Basically, the affiliates are being farmed with the blessings of Amazon.com.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Definitely a Amazon/Bezo's greed alliance designed to suck money from Amazon affiliates. Topmoxie is a real parasite enabler and would never stop operating as thiefware. Ebates.com just has all the Linkshare and CJ autoload "incent" sweetners in place to round out this cherry pickin roundup. Where ever there is mass traffic huddled around a desperate for revenue site..there will be some parasites in the woodpile. Be nice to see Amazon clean up it's act and nix this deal.

WebMaster Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BareNecessities:
    Hi Girlie,

Can you do me a favor? Click on our links on your site, and let me know if there are any pop-ups.

We stopped working with WhenU a few months back, so there shouldn't be any.

michael@barenecessities.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think WhenU just mauled your site. This is what I am getting when I go to your site:

When U Save Nothing

Cameo Lingerie
    Sexy lingerie, dresses, high heels, stockings, swimwear, & dancewear.

Fredericks Of Hollywood
    Links to Fredericks of Hollywood - retailer of sexy lingerie

High Heels, Lingerie, By Pierre Silber.com

High heels, sexy shoes, Lingerie, PVC, Leather, Thigh High boots, Platforms, stockings, great prices at Pierre Silber.com

I also get Ebates via TopMoxie

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread