Hosting Affiliates?
    does anyone have any experience with reselling hosting?

what were your experiences?

what programs do you like the best??

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HostingArmor View Post
    does anyone have any experience with reselling hosting?

what were your experiences?

what programs do you like the best??
    Are you in the hosting business?

BTW
    Welcome to the show.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I ran domains and hosting for a first in registrar for a number of years and here is what I learned. Their program was at LinkShare and the majority were at Commission Junction. Most of the players were not interested in LS.

We couldn't offer a re-occurring commission on hosting and domains, the competition did. So we offered a Life Time Value (LTV) commission to encourage affiliate to push our products. So for a $60 a year hosting plan we offered $125. I talked to a large tech deal site and offered a $300 commission for our enterprise package and he said we were low.

Affiliates who do this for a living prefer a white label program like GoDaddy offers, they market in their name and all renews come through them. Most affiliates who are buying a new domain (who know their game) buy the .com, org, .net, etc. to strategically block those domains. They also pick up an SSL certificate.

You will find that the 800 pound gorilla sites in the space are actually small marketing companies and to get listed you have to buy advertising. Offering them an affiliate deal will just waste your time. Sites like TopTenReviews charge $2500 for a review if you are new.

There are no good B2B networks and you will sell through B2C deal sites if you offer lucrative discounts, deals, coupons. B2B still shops B2C.

You have your work cut out for you, hope you have an EPC of $350 and are on a network.

see we are not a hosting reseller or anything like that however i do appreciate the insight because im trying to understand a bit more about how affiliates operate in regards to hosting resellers in general. actually what we are is a Website/Server Security services company. and while there are tons of sales to be made to resellers and hosting companies the vast majority of our market is website owners. we have a really solid product and our team is all US based DataCenter Professionals with some experience with Affiliates but more on the Technical side

I've sold hosting before for a company I like working with when I built websites for people. It made my life easier because I knew the ins and outs of the hosting and I make a few bucks extra for selling the space

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread