I heard that WhenU has ceased using Linkshare affiliate programs as part of their service. I am not sure why (couldn't comply with new standards? not worth the hassle... like Gator)but sure would be interested if anyone knew details.

Hello Niel Welcome to abestweb. Whenu Was dropped. after the below happened I think- See below thread

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...1&m=9096095371

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

ABW Ambassador
    In this particular case, Whenu was only dropped by Ross-Simons.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

oops that's correct Ross simons was. Anyway, I think other merchants will drop WhenU sooner or later.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Watch and see which networks stand up to parasites and run from those who don't!

HINT!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Seeing will be believing, right now, I'm seeing NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! But more bloody pop ups all over my Site from WhenU, most featuring missleading and false advertising....

Clock is ticking.

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I imagine Overstock with so many categories has very little screen space after some users with multiple parasites land on their pages.

WebMaster Mike

Doesn't Overstock use pop-ups as well? I remmeber seeing Gaotr Overstock popups on SmartBargains.

ABW Ambassador
    Overstock are crap. They do not care one iota about small affiliates and there AM is spineless. Anyone promoting them with the reason "but I make good commissions with them" should multiply their commission several times and see what they are actually giving to the parasites - all this money of course ultimately being used to fight off and kill the small affiliate should this ever get to court.

Support Overstock - Support the parasites.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I"m starting to agree with you perfectg with overstock. Haven't seen no sales with them, I'm dropping them, do you know any good merchants with dvds for sale and can you give me any ideas on merchants to replace my gifts section located at http://www.freebiesforever.com/discounts.html. I know shawn's here probably reading over these threads. Shawn from Overstock, my stats at linkshare proove that ebates/whenu is eating up your click-thrus and my earned revenue. I'm going to drop you and will not link you until you drop whenu and ebates, I challenge you to do it. if you haven't done so. I'm replacing those overstock links.. Seems kind of interesting that Shawn hasn't been to abestweb lately to defend his site and affiliation with Ebates/Whenu.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Affiliate Manager
    I've said many times over the past few months that we are not affiliated with Whenu or Gator. We are currently affiliated with eBates and have been for as long as I can remember.

I'm not spineless... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] thanks.

My phone number is 801-947-3119. If you would like to discuss this issue professionally, please feel free to give me a ring. Or, if you would prefer, PM me your phone number and I'll initiate the call.

Have a great day,

Shawn Schwegman
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

ABW Ambassador
    Overstock.com

I realize you have been trying to resolve the problems with these companies (whenu, ebates, and perhaps other questionable programs) but is it possible you are being lead on, and stalled just like the rest of us? I mean, how well do you know the people at ebates and whenu? Have they shown you some sort of credibility in the past that would have you give them some sort of assurance now that they are telling you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Also, don't you see their programs are being somewhat scummy to begin with? I'm not talking about their public face, sure, eveyrone wants to save money, but I mean underside. How they seem so at ease with taking customers from sites w/o even the slightest sense of guilt? What if there were no places like this forum for people to tell others about them... what if no one challenged what they are doing.

There seems to be a logic of "it's not illegal unless you are caught" with these people. Do you not see that is a flaw in their basic character?

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    Shoot, I'm sorry, I meant to post this:

I realize you might not be affiliated with this company, but this screen from their tutorial implies you are one of their merchants.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread