Question ADWORDS URLs
    Hi all, I am a newbee at 57 to all of this. Not even sure if my last submission has been posted....so here I go again !
    I have registered with adwords and clickbank.
    I understand that google adwords want the destination and display urls to bring the customer to the exact same landing page of the merchant I am seeking to promote as a clickbank affiliate.
    If so how can both the url s be made to do the same thing when the one from clickbank is essentially a tracking url and not the same as the merchants own url. ?
    How can they be written to have the same effect of bringing the customer to the merchants page and still have my affiliate code from clickbank?. Any chance that someone out there can show a worked example to this old fogie? Thanks in advance for any help.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hi Jim, moved this to a more relevant forum to see if you can get a response.

As long as your tracking URL directs to the destination URL, you'll be fine. For example you can put your display URL as MySalesPage.com and your destination URL as clickbank.com/refID=xyz or whatever and as long as the customer ultimately lands on the domain shown in the Display URL, it should work and get approved.
    Your Ad Here.

Ref url s
    Quote Originally Posted by affninja View Post
    As long as your tracking URL directs to the destination URL, you'll be fine. For example you can put your display URL as MySalesPage.com and your destination URL as clickbank.com/refID=xyz or whatever and as long as the customer ultimately lands on the domain shown in the Display URL, it should work and get approved.
    Thank for your kind response.
    I have received an answer from GOOGLE ADWORDS telling me that the domain in both must be the same. I just cant figure out how this can be so.... as one is the merchants domain and the other is clickbank.net being a clickbank domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Hi Jim, moved this to a more relevant forum to see if you can get a response.
    Thank you Chuck. Where do i find the thread.. I am new to this also. as an update I have been informed by GOOGLE ADWORDS their policy is that the domain in both the Display and Destination URL MUST BE THE SAME. I just cant see how that can be so. No further clarification comming from them as they tell me to go back to ask clickbank. Sounds like send the fool round the houses ! Thanks for any help you can give.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread