Just got this tonight...

...WhenU.com's affiliate account will be terminated effective midnight New York City time on March 2, 2003

Dale Wentzel
    Director, Online Marketing Motormint.com
    Nothing Builds Business Better than a Strong A.R.M.

Buy them a new application and they'll be content for a day - Show them how to code... and they'll go into business for themselves.

[This message was edited by Gatekeeper on February 28, 2003 at 10:46 PM.]

[This message was edited by Gatekeeper on February 28, 2003 at 10:47 PM.]

Has anyone noticed any change since WhenU was terminated from LS? I still see them popping up on LS merchants' sites.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Xandman,

It not necessarily if they are popping up on LS merchant's sites. They pop up on sites all the time they are not affiliated with. They could be popping up on your site. When you see a pop up on a LS merchant site, click through on the pop and see if a whenu LS aff id is inserted in that link.

Andy and Chris can tell you about unauthorized whenu pops on their site's by whenu.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    I sure haven't seen an increase in conversions... which I was hoping for as a reasult of their action. Has anybody else had increased conversions? Mine have actually dropped.

This may be another story like Bare Necessities a while back. They dropped them and then they were targeted (in my opinion) and you didnt have a chance at getting a conversion.

If the same kind of things happens to linkshare merchants again it could spell more trouble with our conversions. Hopefully linkshare won't allow this and if necessary will step up to the plate to be the next company to sue there butts.

What I got was the infamous WhenU popup "Save on this purchase now" eyesore, the same I've seen there for months.

My commissions haven't increased either and are now down to 0.50% O/C, down from an average of 2.46%. At this rate, they won't be worth maintaining.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Soon the networks will discover the BHO monsters they automated and monitized are going to eat them for breakfast. The infected systems will no longer be viable shoppers for any affiliate linking site. I see 400 million shoppers who can no longer be considered prospects since even if the affiliate wanks are dropped from a program their BHO's still redirect and overwrite my legit cookie and ID#.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Does anyone else still a WhenU "Save on this purchase.." popup at the ebgames.com site? As of today I'm still getting it.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread