The title says it all. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm speechless. Truely. Wasn't Whenu/Amazon a major issue for the past year or have I got that confused with something else? (I've joined but not yet started promoting Amazon.)

{

Try me.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    OMG, Someone over at Amazon is turning them into a first rate program. WTG Amazon!!!!!

If you try to please everybody, someone won't like it -Rumsfeld

ABW Ambassador
    Wooohooooo!

Another one sees the light!

Hmm it seems that I'll plant some Amozon links AFTER 3 years of inactivity I guess.

PAYMENTS VIA CHECKS ARE ARCHAIC

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Andy

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Wasn't Whenu/Amazon a major issue for the past year or have I got that confused with something else? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know if this is what you are thinking about, they are currently doing a "test" partnership with ebates.

What a pleasant surprise!

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    eaglefire- yes AMZN has typically been regarded as one of the scummier merchants. (scummier meaning catering to scumware). If you go and read their in house affiliate boards they seem to be making a change in that regard. That said, yes its true, they still have the ebates partnership until 10/xx/02 or somewhere thereabouts. It may extend past that..who knows?

[edited to add..]

From what I remember amzn was typically against incentive merchants in the past, when everyone and their brother was partnering with ebates, etc... they've been doing a "trial" with ebates, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    From what I remember amzn was typically against incentive merchants in the past, when everyone and their brother was partnering with ebates, etc... they've been doing a "trial" with ebates, though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that partnership is about to end as well. They did call Ebates to the carpet for incepting affiliate links via TopMoxie.

In the last week or so ... Morpheus and WhenU got the ax. KazAa is next.

They are also cracking down on coupon fraud.

I think they are finally seeing the light.

Thanks for that CelticOneDesign [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I see you've been doing some great any scumware stuff over on the Associate boards.

Just a couple of interesting posts from "Lisa" who works for Amazon (just in case people don't read the Associates board - I rarely do!):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    To: ALL (1 of 39)

Hello everyone:

I know this is a drawn-out & frustrating issue for everyone. However, it's important to me & the Associates team at Amazon.com that we create & communicate policies about traffic-taking that are clear & effective.

One of the challenges of this issue is that some the techniques are rapidly changing & require time to investigate & understand. However, we are committed to looking at each situation & resolving it as quickly as possible.

We DO NOT condone any action/program or tool that overwrites Associate tracking IDs. This results in legitimate Associates losing credit for transactions they have sent. We do investigate every circumstance that we can find of this behavior. If the Associate behavior does not immediately change, then they are eliminated from the program.

If you find instances of this behavior, please let us know. You can send your example to the following email address, & we will investigate them:

assocmerch@amazon.com.

Also, if you think that we don't fully understand a tactic that you feel is questionable, let us know by emailing the address above. We'll do our best to look into it. We need & want your help to make this work for our program.

Also, regarding rebates:

Our test with ebates concludes Oct 1, 2002. After that date, our current policy of not allowing Associates sites to offer rebates to individual consumers will stand.

Thanks -Lisa
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>From: Lisa Sep-25 2:05 pm
    To: ALL (20 of 39)

1939.20 in reply to 1939.7

Hello All:

We have found that Whenu has violated our policies & operating agreement. We've closed their account effective today.

Thanks -Lisa

Options
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Меня зовут Динаму

i'm re-populating my sites with amazon links again!

If Amazon dropped WhenU, is Ebates and the other TopMoxies next??

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    So why is Amazon still on WhenU pop ups then...

Are they geing falsely advertised or is Amazon active with WhenU again?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Probably not. I've seen Mondera $30 off $150 WhenU pop-ups. I think WhenU shows pop-ups for any merchants that have coupons.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Yep..and then it links or directs back to WhenU, seems to be a rather nasty attempt to discredit merchants with their Partners by making it look like they work with WhenU...

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

ABW Ambassador
    Well then Amazon might want to have WhenU remove this image from their tutorial, as it implies Amazon is a merchant there:

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

I'm at a friend's house. We just discovered that WhenU is downloaded on her brand new Dell computer. When we visited my site, the very first thing that popped up was a coupon for Amazon compliments of WhenU.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread