Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oh, no, here we go again. I'll just plan on no sales for Jan. 29 and 30th. Yeah, tracking may be behind 24 hours, but how do you explain the lost sales that always occur. The numbers just never add up afterwards.

quote:
    Scheduled Site Downtime - Wed. Jan. 29. Read more.

The Commission Junction Account Manager will be unavailable for approximately 7 hours during a scheduled product deployment, Wednesday, January 29, 5:00 PM to 12:00 AM (PST).

As part of this deployment, Commission Junction will be adding an "Email Marketing" category for publishers so that email marketers can accurately identify themselves in the network.

Tracking and recording of transactions are fully functional when the site is unavailable. When the site returns your reports may be delayed for up to 24 hours. If there are any changes to this schedule we will post them to the site to keep you informed.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Hi Ron!

I must admit that CJ's going down does cause considerable delays in reporting but I have to say that so far I have never lost one transaction during downtime. Eventually everything showed up. We track every sale on our side and I know what should be in CJ. Usually within 24 hours all numbers match. I'm not discrediting what you are saying, but I am just relating to you my experience.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com
    6% PER SALE ~ 365 DAY COOKIE ~ GREAT CONVERSION ~ LOW REVERSAL RATE

Sounds like I need to drop all my other links and only put up Essential Apparel links for tomorrow.

Sorry, I've just seen this happen so many times. I'll really be surprised if after the downtime and after tracking catches up that a normal amount of sales shows up for that period. I sure hope I am surprised.

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    As part of this deployment, Commission Junction will be adding an "Email Marketing" category for publishers so that email marketers can accurately identify themselves in the network

CJ: Stop pulling our leg!

i't's so ridiculous... Inserting a new column in a database table like that has nothing with a 7hs downtime.

Next downtime:

"Account Manager will be unavailable for approximately 10 hours. As part of this deployment, Commission Junction will be updating the CJ Logo gif file"

Fer

That's a very good point. There is no way that it should take them 7 hours to add a new column to the database. Something as small as that should be implemented in just a few minutes, with a downtime so short that nobody would notice. Think about other major websites. They all make major changes in the look and structure of their sites with hardly any downtime. If the CJ site was originally designed properly using features such as CSS a change like this should mean only a few minutes of downtime. Maybe they need to hire a new team of webmasters and programmers. Anyone in here looking for a "real" job?

I wish more merchants were like EssentialApparel.

We also track each sale in our own database and reconcile with CJ to ensure that every sale through an affiliate is correctly credited.

I know that all our sales get to CJ and are reported late every time they have downtime, but we also act as an affiliate of various programs and I do have my suspicions that some merchants use downtime as an excuse to avoid sending sales to CJ.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/
    15% Commission - 90 day cookie - 0% reversals

True, Mark, but should not we see an increase the next day or so in our commissions if they had waited. It just drops off for a day and then goes back to normal.

I agree Ron, If merchants are playing fair you should see an increase for a day or two.

Problem is cheating is difficult to prove as there are so many other factors that influence number of sales.

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/
    15% Commission - 90 day cookie - 0% reversals

Just a few hours and counting. Time to make some screen shots of my report pages just in case.

I am with CJ for only the past 3 months....but i have to admit they have way too much scheduled downtime...I never saw any major websites shutting off this often

Saying this i dont believe this will result in loss of sales....

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams."

ABW Ambassador
    Oh no, I just learned about this ....

>>The Commission Junction members' Web site is scheduled for maintenance and will be offline on Wednesday, January 29th at 5pm PDT until Thursday, January 30th at 1am PDT. This will not affect tracking or the recording of tracked events.

I was doing my first ounce of work for the year just before CJ went down.. Looks like I'm going to have to continue my extended holiday for at least another 8 hours before I can grab some links

As for the lost sales issue, I haven't seen as much of this over the last few downtimes.. Before that, it appeared that once downtime started, sales grinded to a quick halt for its duration..

The last couple of times CJ went down, they returned without some of the tools publishers used to manage their accounts and make money.

I wonder what they'll get rid of this time? The online Account Manager? Sure, why not? Publishers don't need to know what they're making...

...until the check clears the bank!

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Looks like this is a good time to go to linkshare and check
    the commissions lost after cookie days are up for my merchants.

Let's see if CJ will introduce some new illuminating categories
    like corrected and correcting.

DOH Reflections,

Don't do it man! Save yourself the grief.

As to CJ, The last sales for yesterday I am showing is 1:22 pm CJ time before they went down. Whats everyone else showing for last sale time before shutdown? Does anyone have sales up until the 5pm shut down time? Just curious.

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

At this time I am showing sales up until 5:21PM PT. Hang on a few more hours and it'll all be up to date.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

My last reported sales yesterday was at 5:37 PM.

Not holding my breath that the rest of the days sales will show up, but do have my fingers and toes crossed, just in case.

The main CJ site was very slow to load this morning, as was their Ask A Question page. Anyone else noticing this?

[This message was edited by 7-days on January 30, 2003 at 09:14 AM.]

My last transaction was 3:20 PM. And my eBay leads haven't been accepted or extended yet, as they usually are in the morning for the previous day. Very slow loading for me too.

Yup. Slow loading here too. Probably something's screwy with the load balancing. I'll call CJ and tell them to alert the techs.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

I'm going to give CJ 24 hours for reports to catch up, but I just did a little check of my stats this month to see how many sales I usually get during the hours of 5:00 PM and 10:00AM (the time I am writing this). Over 60% of my transactions occur between that time of day. This means I should have a whole slew of transactions coming in sometime today for that period.

I am anxious to see if they come in.

Folks, I figured out the reason for slowness. There is major server failure at one of the big hosting providers. Overture, CJ and many other large websites are very slow.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

I'm showing 3 transactions for TODAY! - Still nothing for yesterday after 3:30, though.

* Correction - those are transactions for yesterday, showing up in today's report.*

Well I guess there is hope yet. The transactions don't seem to be coming in any particular order. The last transaction from yesterday to show up was at 6:00pm but the one before that was at 6:30pm. So it doesn't look like they are being uploaded by time.

I wonder what the system is or pattern is for them being uploaded. Do they do it merchant at a time???

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

Missdonna,

Are you showing transactions for today or yesterday? I have three posted today, but the transactions occured yesterday. Still nothing for today.

Just curious.

Transactions seem to be processing normally in my account for today however, no transactions, leads or sales have been added yet for the time CJ's server was down. I know this for sure because I made a note of everything just before the server shut down and there's an approx 7 hour gap.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast