The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Forcing a datafeed download
    There has always been a 'problem' with the datafeed that once an affiliate subscribes to a datafeed he has to wait until the merchant updates the feed before getting it. NOt all merchants update their datafeed everyday and so sometimes it can take quite a while (or forever) for the affiliate gets the feed. I suppose we can debate if an affiliate should want a 'stale' datafeed, but that is besides the point. But there should be a way for an affiliate to get the feed from the merchant when the affiliate wants it. Say as soon as you get approved for that merchant's program. I don't like having to wait hours or days or longer to get a feed from a merchant. Please make it possible for an affiliate to get a datafeed at any time of his/her choosing. No other network makes makes the affiliate wait.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

In addition to receiving a product data feed, you can use the Google Search API for Shopping to pull data and also use the product search tab within the interface.

These should both help you receive the data as needed.

Thank you,

Jamie

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Thisd isn't exactly what I asked for. I don't know why there can't be a button on the product subscription page that sale download all now (or download a specific feed now). But I suppose I could use the API. But there is a problem with the API. For downloading from a specific merchant when source is ganid. It generates an error saying file not found.

I know the query is right (I removed the key, but the key cut and pasted was correct) as shown below
    https://www.googleapis.com/shopping/...ry=US&alt=atom

I know the key and the query is right because when I type in a public query
    https://www.googleapis.com/shopping/...rnity&alt=atom

It returns a few results although not very many.

But what I want (and need) is what I want, why hasn't anyone thought to allow users to request to have their datafeeds FTPed on demand and not have to wait for the merchant to upload at a random time?
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread