Affiliate sales from mobile visitors
    Hello,
    From your experience, would you say you get any affiliate sales from mobile visitors (those using iPhones, Blackberries, Androids, etc)? Mainly I'm wondering about the following two things:

1) Will affiliate tracking (that of most popular networks like CJ, LinkShare, etc) work with most mobile devices?

2) Do people using those mobile devices ever use them to shop online (Amazon and such), or only to look for information, and do the actual transaction on their desktop later on?

(Again I am not sure how well shopping carts of biggest websites are compatible with mobile devices).

Thanks to anyone who can provide insight on this.

I will buy things using my iPhone every once in awhile. If it's just 1 or 2 items, I won't go on a shopping spree or anything. I'm sure as time goes on more and more will start doing it. Some may be skeptical about doing it now, as with online shopping in general back in the day.

I use my phone for purchases all of the time. Im on the road a lot bouncing around and I get bored on long trips.... I think I have spent more money on purchases via my phone than I have in physical stores in the last year

A respectable amount of my orders are driven via mobile and that number has increased incredibly over the past six months or so.

As far as how well the shopping experience/cart of biggest retailers is, it wholly depends on whether the site is optimized for mobile/tablet browsing or not. If the site doesn't have an optimized version and you're attempting to shop on a smartphone, things can certainly be difficult and frustrating for the consumer.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Online Marketing Manager[/B] (tom.featherstone at surlatable dot com)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Sur La Table - The Art and Soul of Cooking[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Fordesu View Post
    How do you make your website mobile enabled? By using a Wordpress plugin?
    Well, in my case we had an internal team design and develop the mobile interface and do testing to ensure the tracking pixel was working properly. I can't speak regarding any Wordpress plugins, though.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Online Marketing Manager[/B] (tom.featherstone at surlatable dot com)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Sur La Table - The Art and Soul of Cooking[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Speaking as a merchant... Our mobile traffic converts pretty well so it's not just people browsing. It's not a huge number for us but about 5% of our total sales are from mobile customers and a large chunk of that is affiliate driven sales.
    [SIZE="2"][LEFT][B]David Culpepper, SubscriptionAgent.com[/B]
    [URL=http://www.subscriptionagent.com/aff/index.html]Affiliate Program Info[/URL] | E: [email=david@subscriptionagent.com]david@subscriptionagent.com[/email] | [URL=http://twitter.com/dculpepper]Twitter[/URL] | [URL=http://www.facebook.com/DavidCulpepper]Facebook[/URL]
    30% Commission & LIFETIME Cookie![/LEFT][/SIZE]

JiWire did a recent survey of 2,000 of its mobile users about their mobile buying habits. Here are the results of the survey from GigaOM:

Mobile shoppers getting comfortable with bigger purchases

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    JiWire did a recent survey of 2,000 of its mobile users about their mobile buying habits. Here are the results of the survey from GigaOM:

Mobile shoppers getting comfortable with bigger purchases -rematt
    Good survey and I believe it will be future but providers need to make available faster acess or data on cell phones first so that is is a smooth customer order experience.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread