Question Where to go from here!
    Hi Y`all!
    I am new to work from home and am testing out the waters in this booming career choice. I did the TOPS Academy tutorial on how to get started but am still lost. This was one of my steps in my checklist. Can someone explain further how to use an affiliate website? Do I keep track of payment or "traffic" myself or does the website do it for me?

Any suggestions or advice for me?

I would appreciate any time of advice right now on where to go from here.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Are you an affiliate or a merchant?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Alright, here it goes. Just advising you as per my experience.
    1) How to use an affiliate website?
    If you mean to send traffic & make sales then usually when you sign up with an Affiliate program you get an affiliate id (say abc). So when you are sending traffic to the site from your forum blog then the affiliate id needs to be in the link. For e.g. www.xyz.com/?abc

2) Do I keep a track of payment or traffic myself?
    A good affiliate program will have all the stats (daily/monthly/weekly) in your affiliate panel. It should show the number of visitors, unique clicks, sales made, pending commissions, etc.
    As I mentioned this is what I know from experience. Affiliate programs is different niches might have different methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Thomas View Post
    Alright, here it goes. Just advising you as per my experience.
    1) How to use an affiliate website?
    If you mean to send traffic & make sales then usually when you sign up with an Affiliate program you get an affiliate id (say abc). So when you are sending traffic to the site from your forum blog then the affiliate id needs to be in the link. For e.g. www.xyz.com/?abc

2) Do I keep a track of payment or traffic myself?
    A good affiliate program will have all the stats (daily/monthly/weekly) in your affiliate panel. It should show the number of visitors, unique clicks, sales made, pending commissions, etc.
    As I mentioned this is what I know from experience. Affiliate programs is different niches might have different methods.
    That's an excellent answer. The only thing that I would add is that it's usually best when you're new to build your traffic before you try to monetize. Affiliate programs will have their own requirements for your site to be approved based on traffic & stats , not to mention it's also easier to build your site before you're trying to throw links out and praying they get clicked on

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread