Having this parasite downloaded for about 2 weeks I can't believe how many times, the browser goes crazy with errors or complete failures due to whenu savenow.exe being installed.

This time, error reporting kicked in and I sent the information to Microsoft who is apparently aware of the problems this pile of crap software is.

Analysis Information

Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by:

SaveNow

SaveNow was created by WhenU.com, Inc.. Please contact WhenU.com, Inc. in order to find out if a solution or an updated version of SaveNow is available. For more information, see the WhenU.com, Inc. Web site.

http://www.whenu.com/about_savenow.html

So I went to this page and it does tell me how to uninstall.. I hope the customers having problems follow the advice.

I found it funny that this line is on the page:
    Of course we encourage you to leave SaveNow on so that you can benefit from the occasional offers that it shows you. If you need more information or experience any technical problems, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.

Occasional Offers? How about a popup or 2 on every website I have visited?

Ha! Make me laugh scumware!

Allen

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If they have utilized Active-X downloads or plug-in features for their application old Bill gates has a sure cure for their buggy theftware/Adware. Thye will be gone or muzzled by the next release of Internet Explorer just like Flash diplays and Ads. Look for some windows action on plugging up those trojan horse "call home" backdoor security holes too.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread