Do you all trust chinese merchants?
    Hi,all

I'm a chinese merchant,selling toys and 3C products.
    I know many people may think chinese products are low quality,but they are turly cheap,and most of our products are not so bad.

This is my first post on abstweb,I want to knowo you all trust chinese merchants?If you find a toy which is cheaper than amazon,will you buy it?

No.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Well being as the vast majority of products sold on the open market now a days are completely made, or have parts made in China, I don't think any one has much choice but to trust Chinese manufacturers on the whole.

The issue with being a China based (or just about anywhere overseas) Merchant is a bit different. There are always consumer concerns of trust in areas of

- is my credit card info safe
    - will the shipment get here
    - how will I send it back if I don't like it
    - And so forth

Of course these are the exact same concerns that a person has for a merchant no matter where they are, they just count double (or triple) for a merchant that is not in the same country as the consumer.

There are a lot of China based merchants selling in the USA, the best ones at this are so good at what they do that the consumers seldom even realize they are buying from a merchant in China. They have US banking established, a US business address and most importantly a US return address for products that the consumer decides that they don't like.

Ultimately you as an overseas merchant need to cultivate the trust of the consumer by providing them with a professional experience and support that is a good step above local firms.

cheers

chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

4. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy.ye View Post
    Hi,all

I know many people may think chinese products are low quality,but they are turly cheap,and most of our products are not so bad.

This is my first post on abstweb,I want to knowo you all trust chinese merchants?If you find a toy which is cheaper than amazon,will you buy it?
    楼主咱可以交流一下经验,我这边是在shareasale上做的,。

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    楼主咱可以交流一下经验,我这边是在shareasale上做的,。
    Landlord we can exchange our experience on my side in shareasale do.

7. Thanks From:

I will trust Chinese sellers only if I can see something and after that buy it.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Have purchased / directly imported products from China in the past. For the most part I saw quality control lacking, screws missing, UL stickers missing and the products did not last.

So generally, no I do not trust products from China when they bypass normal import / distribution methods...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

My distrust of anyone, merchant or otherwise, never has anything to do with point of origin. Either the trust is yet earned, or has been willfully destroyed.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

11. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    My distrust of anyone, merchant or otherwise, never has anything to do with point of origin. Either the trust is yet earned, or has been willfully destroyed.
    That is true, I recently tried to buy from some UK stores, two of them failed to answer their own contact form, I called up one of them (after searching high and low for a contact number) had me on hold for 20 minutes and I never got to speak to anyone. A third, made the effort (even to the point I was chatting with the owner) but wanted me to jump through so many hoops that I eventually gave up and bought everything I wanted on Amazon in under 3 minutes. I like to support smaller online stores , no matter where they are, but they need to be supporting themselves and offering a good service to win and keep me coming back

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Heck NO!!!!

There have been major consumer disasters in the U.S. with unsafe toys, baby, pet & food products, etc. from China over the past few years with recalls of products from many large U.S. chain stores. However, the majority still successfully sell millions of "Made in China" items as consumers can easily return items that don't work or are shipped with damages.

If you want to sell directly to American consumers, you will somehow have to provide proof of quality control, especially for your toys.

As Convergence mentioned, the UL certification is proof of a safe product (& not something you should fake!)...there are many firms that can help you through this process. Chris also mentioned several ways to gain U.S. consumer confidence: consumers want to know that they can easily return damaged or non-working products.

Years ago, "Made in Japan" was the indication of an inferior product. The Japanese manufacturing industry turned this perception around for the most part.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I don't trust anyone

My distrust of anyone, merchant or otherwise, never has anything to do with point of origin.
    Mine does sometimes and I'm not ashamed to say it. As long as the Chinese government continues to not care about the counterfeit merchandise (they call it art) coming out of there, my trust in Chinese merchants will continue to be pretty much non-existent.

17. Thanks From:

I don't think the issue lies only in China. How many manufacturer recalls have there been in the USA in the past few years? Anyone remember the Peanut Butter fiasco? Then there's the famous Pinto scandal. The list of US manufacturers products harming and even killing customers is documented but I would never make a blanket statement that I don't trust American manufacturers.

I don't trust any manufacturers. In the end the US has the FDA and other organizations that do a better job than most countries in protecting consumers. But for these organizations, the system would be in chaos.

China factory has made a great contribution on the total world with their low price products, even some of them of entry-level quality, yet the price is very competitive as we seen, compare the price on the same sort of products, the good from China could be our best choice most often......

In on words, if they could show me the sample made by their factory, will accept it of the quality is ok ....

I recently started looking for Chinese merchants with a view to selling their products but after reading some of the comments here I am having second thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy.ye View Post
    Hi,all

I have bought Chinese products so many times and the quality are good. If those who do not trust Chinese Merchants, i guess they have their bad experienced with them.

Quote Originally Posted by castaway View Post
    I have bought Chinese products so many times and the quality are good. If those who do not trust Chinese Merchants, i guess they have their bad experienced with them.
    Personally i think the vast majority are cr*p since they're cheaply made. I don't think many people can argue that the quality of products hasn't gone into the toilet since American companies have outsourced.

Quote Originally Posted by tradesteady View Post
    China factory has made a great contribution on the total world with their low price products, even some of them of entry-level quality, yet the price is very competitive as we seen, compare the price on the same sort of products, the good from China could be our best choice most often......

In on words, if they could show me the sample made by their factory, will accept it of the quality is ok ....
    The problem isn't about price, but with brand awareness & trust. Most of us here & I'm sure just about any American consumer would not be able to name one Chinese brand name anything. We all purchase Chinese made products, but usually through a brand name, for example, Sony, Apple, Panasonic. Plus as bibby said, we have the FDA, the UL + other licensing organizations to ensure that quality standards are met.

We know those names here & feel that the American companies are making sure that their standards are being met & work with the Chinese manufacturers. Even then, there are mistakes & recalls.

As bibby also said, the U.S. has also had it's share of manufacturing disasters. Large Chinese brands must step up their quality control & become known for it. However, without your government support against counterfeiting, instituting licensing & other such measures, it's going to be an uphill battle.
    Renée

24. Thanks From:

if the price is good and after we get the sample and the test result is ok, then we could have a try on it...

Just found this article about The 10 Chinese Brands Set To Take Over US Households by 2020. Great little "snapshots" about these brands.
    Renée

27. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread