OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    New Forum: Barnes & Noble
    Am proud to announce the opening of the Barnes & Noble forum here available through LinkShare. Perfect timing for Black Friday and Christmas promotions to affiliates.

Earn Big Commissions with the Webís Premier E-commerce Site

• Begin earning 6% commissions on BN.com's enormous collection of books, music, DVD & Blu-ray, toys, games, magazines, electronics, and NOOK products.
    • Barnes & Noble.com is the world's largest bookseller and one of the Web's most trusted brands.
    • BN.com boasts consistent average orders of $30 or more.
    • Earn more with multiple peak shopping events, including holidays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, back-to-school textbook offers, and seasonal sales.
    • Provide something for ALL your site visitors with millions of products in hundreds of categories.
    • Banners updated constantly.
    • Free Shipping on orders of over $25

Click here to join the Barnes & Noble affiliate program:

2. Thanks From:

Welcome to ABW Barnes & Noble.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome to the forum, Barnes & Noble.

"the Web’s Premier E-commerce Site" ?
    Your Ad Here.

Welcome to ABW B&N!

Are you guys considering increasing your cookie length to something beyond your current less than one day? Most affiliates here would say anything less than 14 days is terrible (30 days seems to be fair and acceptable)

ABW Ambassador
    So BN.com and Buy.com didn't actually open these forums, it was Linkshare? Because I haven't seen either of the affiliate managers for the programs here, just see the network rep starting threads. It would be nice to have the actual affiliate managers.

Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    Welcome to ABW B&N!

Are you guys considering increasing your cookie length to something beyond your current less than one day? Most affiliates here would say anything less than 14 days is terrible (30 days seems to be fair and acceptable)
    Although it says .16666666667 days (1/6, or 4 hours), I was told that the cookie duration is actually zero, as it was on CJ. My sales seem consistent with that. Also zero. Although I love B&N as a brick & mortar store, and would love to support them online, I have never sold anything. My site is about a musician, and most of my sales are for CDs and books. My visitors don't buy from B&N even when their price is significantly lower than Amazon's, and I point that out as a good sale. I can't explain it, but a good dialogue with a dedicated affiliate manager might be useful.
    ---
    Valerie Magee
    [URL=http://mageenet.net]MageeNET[/URL]

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shuvee View Post
    ...My visitors don't buy from B&N even when their price is significantly lower than Amazon's, and I point that out as a good sale. I can't explain it, but a good dialogue with a dedicated affiliate manager might be useful.
    My guess is that their GIANT "Pick UP In Store" LEAK (as discussed here) is a big factor.

During the couple of months that I was out of the Amazon program due to California tax laws, I changed many of my Amazon links to B&N. ONE sale. When Amazon let us back in, I changed most links back to Amazon and sales picked up Immediately.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'll probably be terminated after sending the email below which was a reply to B&N asking me to become more active:

The fact that your program offers a return policy of .16666666666667 days which is one of lowest of any affiliate program on any network makes it hard to prioritized the promotion of B&N. Consider increasing the return days to 14 and you will see weekly promotion.

Please visit your Affiliate Forum on ABestWeb.com for a comments about your terrible return days policy. http://www.abestweb.com/forums/barne...ml#post1105843

Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    I'll probably be terminated after sending the email below which was a reply to B&N asking me to become more active:
    I think that email - sent to all inactive or low activity webmasters - is a prelude to dropping us, regardless of whether we write something nasty. I just replied to them as well, saying pretty much the same thing although I didn't direct them here. I just suggested a serious dialogue with some of their affiliates, both active and inactive, to try to discover what is wrong before they feel the pain. I also told them that after spending 15 to 20 hours for zero return, I was not terribly motivated to spend more time.

It felt good!
    ---
    Valerie Magee
    [URL=http://mageenet.net]MageeNET[/URL]

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread