Smile
    Sweet! Thank you for the warm welcome!

General couponing? Niche Couponing?
    I would like to get a coupon code site going sometime. I figure it could mostly run its self!?! My heart belongs to all things frugal/deals but I'm mostly thinking Sunday coupons and printable grocery coupons. I'm a rebel, so I would't call it extreme! I'm finding the deals for myself anyway, why not share them! Where I'm at we have smaller chain stores and few people cover them and none regularly. One popular blogger was for some time and announced she was closing the site. It's gone. Normally I wouldn't try to take someones readers but with out any other doing it... I don't want to just do local but I defiantly would like to cover it. Plus I have an inside connection to get ad scans at 2 of the 3 stores before they hit public!

General product reviews? Niche product reviews? Are there specific areas or products you enjoy writing about?
    I'm the person people in my day to day life come to when they need honesty and recommendations. I'm a self taught geek. Tech is a love hate battle. I love tech, gadgets, and will give my 2 cents but don't like teaching others how to use it!

I love trying new things and a total sucker to as seen on tv crap. The only problem is if I find something wrong I must come clean and say so. I notice this is not the norm in product reviews since its a affiliate thing. I just can't say I love something when I actually can tell you 50 reason I want to throw it at the wall!!

You are a sought after demographic for affiliate managers, mommy blogger. I highly recommend that you resurrect your blog and learn how to monetize your traffic. Bloggers are terrible at making money because they generally are not technical. You can be a content writer, learn a few techniques and make a good living.

As far as ADD you have to run a task list, get rid of distractions and work on focus. Its an ongoing process. We don't do boring!
    So I have heard! I could totally do a mommy blog but life is so good within the 4 walls of my home I would have to be anonymous again! LOL Writing isn't my thing either... Ick I can pull it off but its not something I find happiness in! As for my old old blog someone has since swooped in and taken my dropped domain and is probably making a killing pretending to be me!!

2. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    General couponing? Niche Couponing?
    Problem with local coupons is that you can not make money on them. If you do a combination of local and national then you can make money on the national codes through affiliate links.

General product reviews? Niche product reviews?
    Review/content affiliates are the most effective and highly sought after by affiliate managers. There is so much crap on the Internet that a good reviewer can gain loyal followers plus Google loves relevant content.

You are a sought after demographic for affiliate managers, mommy blogger. I highly recommend that you resurrect your blog and learn how to monetize your traffic. Bloggers are terrible at making money because they generally are not technical. You can be a content writer, learn a few techniques and make a good living.

I figure it could mostly run its self!
    Unless you are paying for feeds, a coupon code site requires daily maintenance and updates. Nothing runs itself these days...

You could certainly build a non-blog site, but without content you will find it a longer road... you should think of a topic you like to write about, something you find fun. It doesn't have to be a mommy-blogger site either.. think about topics that interest you, and I'm sure you will find suitable merchants to fit the niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Problem with local coupons is that you can not make money on them. If you do a combination of local and national then you can make money on the national codes through affiliate links.
    I make plenty of money on local coupons. Coupons.com, Redplum among others. You CAN make money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    ... a coupon code site requires daily maintenance and updates. Nothing runs itself these days...

Dangit....I thought I could just put up a site, post a few coupons and quit my dayjob!!

j/k - it is my dayjob and nightjob and everything in between LOL

That is however one of the biggest misconceptions - I hear it from my readers every day - they want to start their own blogs now that couponing has become "all the rage" . I've watched many crash and burn in the past year...

As with anything in life - research every detail. Know your stuff - from the technical aspects to getting and maintaining a site, to SEO, to marketing and monetizing,etc.etc.

I have great respect for one of my blogging assistants. I brought her on almost a year ago and she has taken this time to learn - she had her own blog before and still continues to build it, while getting paid with me to post and learn the day to day aspects of running a blog.

Ok - rambling... sorry, must have thought I was blogging

At any rate - I wouldn't want to be a newbie trying to break into the couponing / mommy blogger niches right now. I'd have to create my own micro-niche or something - you have to bring something unique & valuable to the table to set yourself apart from the rest. They bring years of experience and reader testimonies ...I'd have to create my own twist to the average couponing mom blog and run like crazy to market it - doubt I'd monetize until I got myself well established based solely on unique content

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld View Post
    I make plenty of money on local coupons. Coupons.com, Redplum among others. You CAN make money on them.
    Do you recommend a particular affiliate program? I recently signed up for coupons.com.

Quote Originally Posted by FrugalFabulousFinds View Post
    Dangit....I thought I could just put up a site, post a few coupons and quit my dayjob!!

j/k - it is my dayjob and nightjob and everything in between LOL
    Darn, you popped my bubble. I was hoping to get rich over night and start selling infomercials about how I did it all in just two days!

Quote Originally Posted by swagmom View Post
    Do you recommend a particular affiliate program? I recently signed up for coupons.com.

Swagmom, looks like you and me are on same boat. I am also looking for a automated solution, even if it comes at a expense. My few blogs sites(nicche and general) are getting a lot of traffic, but i am unable to find a solution to put coupons on them. i hope we can find a good solution and help here, for non technical person like us.

I always feel that there's some serious scam going on these group buying sites so id say stick to regular shopping..

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread