Chuck
    I don't know where to put this, so please move it if you feel there is a better spot.

I have not been around for awhile. Family illness, tough business, time shortages on dreams...but,

I owe Chuck an apology. Months ago when he took over as head person at abestweb I was very ............uhm....... unwelcoming. I gave him a hard time, even though I had spent months prior complaining about the heavy-handed controlling atmosphere that had been happening.

Michael made improvements, began to include people in some of his editing, moving around, closing posts decisions. He was trying to make this a professional and useful site. But to many of us it was our "home away from home" and professional didn't (doesn't) always work.

Sometimes you just have to have disagreements - and sometimes during those disagreements you find out things you didn't know about someone's character, so for that purpose alone I've always felt they should be left intact.

Anyway..........back to the point of this post...

So, I was rude kinda sorta to Chuck. Suspicious because people who I had learned to respect pulled out of ABW when he was given the keys. I myself had never had any real communications with him, but I elected to run with the masses instead of forming my own opinion on my own experiences. (Shame on me).. (I know better)...

Then something bad happened. Really bad.. worse than when GAN closed my acct. because of Adsense (for those who were here, you know the history).

And I needed help from someone in a position to help me. And, believe it or not, I had the guts to turn to Chuck after having been so rude just days before. And guess what happened?

He never mentioned my rudeness. On the contrary, he immediately went to work to help me. And he did help me. My major (and I mean super major) problem was solved and it NEVER would have been solved had it not been for his help. I was told directly that, that was the case by the powers at be. Had Chuck elected to just wish me luck, or not answer me, I would have lost money and potential money.

It made me feel like the bad teenager that turned to her parent after being obnoxious, and then asked for help... and in return received unconditional "love". Okay.. so Chuck doesn't "love" me, but he does appear to really like affiliates and this business and he is willing to help when a problem arises.

Does that make him good enough to hold the keys of ABW? For me it does. This is a forum for affiliates and about affiliates.

Sometimes it takes an affiliate manager to break the glass ceiling that many of us bang our heads on. Sometimes they can enlighten us on better ways to do things. Sometimes we just need to trust that they really do have our interests at heart. Not all of them, but I do believe Chuck does.

So, I hope he accepts my deepest apology for acting like an obnoxious teenager and -- Chuck -- if you are reading this, I cannot thank you enough for your help. I hope everything is going okay with ABW&you.

If Michael had to go, then you were a good choice to step in, in my opinion.

I should be back around now. Folks are out of hospitals or buried. My routine will hopefully return to normal - whatever that is.

Best,
    leeann
    Last edited by leeann; November 15th, 2011 at 10:32 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Thank you Leann and glad you are feeling better. I don't ask for respect but rather try to earn it. It has been a tough transition and my reputation has been tarnished. Helping people is what drives me, sometime to the detriment of my livelihood. Even with the negative comments, the compliments make it all worthwhile.

thanks for sharing leeann

4. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I don't ask for respect but rather try to earn it.
    You earned mine.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks for sharing, Leanne..

It's human nature to be wary/skeptical of change, but Chuck's commitment to the business of affiliate marketing - and this forum - has been unwavering! And that's a good thing for both affiliates and merchants.

Nice to see you back

Yes, Chuck has indeed be very helpful & understanding as well. For that matter even Diane has been right on the mark with her advice in terms of advertising strategy. Great place for affiliates & an even better place for Merchants where one actually has to do everything right to be able to promote. Effective tips & great people to work with. Cheers.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks for posting this, Leeann. I'm sure Chuck appreciates it I'm very happy to hear that he was able to resolve your problem. Good job, Chuck!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    You earned mine.
    Chuck, ditto here!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

12. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Leanne..

It's human nature to be wary/skeptical of change, but Chuck's commitment to the business of affiliate marketing - and this forum - has been unwavering! And that's a good thing for both affiliates and merchants.

Nice to see you back
    Well I'm a spaz. I clicked on the thanks button and then somehow removed it.. so thanks teezone it's good to be back. You would think that being in this business I (and others) would be more adaptable to change, but you nailed it -- I can't stand change. I would love if merchants put up 10 deals a year and just left them there
    leeann

Hi leeanne,

Welcome back to ABW.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

15. Thanks From:

That was a nice thing to do. I have not been around here long, so I was not here for the changes or whatever went on. Welcome back.

17. Thanks From:

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread