I signed up with a merchant and did not do well with them. I made a little over $2.00 and decided it was not worth the effort so I took down the banners and links.
    If I quit their program will they pay me or do I forfet the money because it is so little?

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I was wondering that too. I always leave myself on the list but stop promotion until at least the cookie duration is up.

ABW Ambassador
    Walk away before it takes you a year to get the minimum payment! A good rule to stick with is a min of 5.00 EPC. You can take the temperature of an affiliate program with this in mind after 10,000 impressions.

If you don't have that much traffic check your stats after 1,000 imps.

It depends.

If you used this Merchant through CJ, you will get paid when you reach the CJ minimum unless they find a way to reverse the transactions. If it makes you feel safer and this is through CJ, just don't promote them until after you are paid, then drop them. Each Affiliate Network is different in how they pay the affiliates. It all in the TOS.

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: Mklangl ]

Haiko,

Can you explain to me how this is more relevant to the topic here than increasing $ with google page ranks is on the CJ board?

CK,

Please .....

Haiko

Haiko,

I think you are starting to see my point here. - Atleast I hope you are.

Comission King, sorry you did not like where I placed my post. I was new to the boards and unsure of where to put it.

And to me, it would have to do with "merchant fraud" if said merchant was going to cheat me out of my money. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

However, if Haiko or one of the board monitors had moved it, I most certainly would NOT be making an Arse out myself over it :rolleyes:

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Vicki ]

Vicki, your post was fine in my opinion. It is merchant fraud if you remove them as your merchant and don't get paid what they owe you.

That would be like starting a new job and quiting after your first day. They still have to pay you for your work.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The bigger fraud comes from both Linkshare and BeFree not even billing the merchants til after the affiliate reaches minimum. My estimate after 3 years with them is that 90% of their merchants get a FREE ride on their group of affiliate partners who never get to minimums or get shafted by non-payment or dropped programs. They payout only to the 10% of active affiliates reaching minimums after at least 90 day delays. No escrow + consolidated monthly revenue ( like CJ)=no trust. Low traffic and sites that can't afford SE PPC keyword placements should stick with CJ. Just be ready to see the cheapskate merchants there drop their programs when it starts costing them bucks.

Thanks Haiko for allowing this forum to shine the light on the scammers and those who aren't computer literate enough to figure out the merchant administration screens & reportingg tags at the big three networks. Let's shove some form of EPC on them all.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread