Question How to improve sales in SAS
    I have set up my affiliate program in SAS for a week, and recruited about 50 affiliates. Most of them are coupon sites. There are only clicks but no sales converted. I don't know why. I spent a lot of time on making banners in different sizes and update datafeeds, and make several coupons and widegts. I also send emails to my affilates, informing them of our latest promotions and asking them whether they have any suggestion or question of our program, however, no answering back from them. I also join the affiliate aquarium and try to recruit some affiliates but it seems useless. Can someone tell me how to improve sales through affiliate marketing?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    What is the merchant site converting at?

Reply to Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Thanks, Chuck, but I am not sure of what your question means. Our site mainly sells computers, cell phones, fashion products, home and garden products, car electronics, etc.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; November 21st, 2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Newbies are not allowed to add links to their posts

This is a very busy time for affiliates - our inbox is flooded with offers and store promotions, especially with Black Friday around the corner. And we still have to publish fresh content on a timely basis.

One week is hardly enough time for most affiliates to even add a new store to a site, let alone start generating sales. I'm sure you will get more advice here, but affiliate marketing isn't quick fix type of business... we are publishers who have to continue to attract the right traffic to our site, and then hope they buy from the merchants we promote. Getting traffic isn't as easy as it sounds.

This time of year, I focus on the merchants who have paid me the most - there is some room left over to try new merchants, but not to the degree you might be expecting.

You need to be more patient...

Reply to teezone
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    This time of year, I focus on the merchants who have paid me the most - there is some room left over to try new merchants, but not to the degree you might be expecting.
    Thanks for you reply, teezone. You must be a sophisicated affiliate. Is it enough to provide you affiliates with banners, coupons and other tools available at SAS. What do you affiliates hope that we merchant can offer to you so as to promote sales? I really want to know how I can do better.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I clicked on your link and and read through your information, and I see several things that would make me very hesitant to consider your program.

First, your text is written very poorly, with numerous grammatical and syntax errors, and misuse of words. This sets off two alarms: 1) Is the text on your site also beset by these problems? and 2) Where there is ambiguity, you will obviously assume terms mean what you think they mean, rather than what they appear to state.

Next, it appears that you will not pay commissions where a customer has any sort of problem with a shipped product, where a replacement would need to be sent. This is absolutely unacceptable. I, as an affiliate, have done my job. If a product arrives broken, and you need to send a replacement, I have earned my commission and I expect to receive it.

Also, in very ambiguous terms, it appears that you may be extending sales for 49 days. If this is correct, you need to specifically say so. If it is not the case, then you need to correct the ambiguity.

Finally, you reserve the right to terminate affiliates who do not generate sales in the first three months. I would never join a program under this condition. There are numerous reasons why one or more sales are not made in this period, and I will not spend the time or make the effort to add your products to pages, and certainly not to build pages (or sites) around your products, only to be terminated before completion or before results can be reasonably be anticipated. Here is an example of this: I recently built new pages on existing sites around two brand new products just introduced. Each is from a new merchant that basically offers only a single product. One resulted in five product sales in the first day. The second has yet to produce a single sale. But, at this time next year, I would project significantly higher income from sales of the second product.

A three month deadline is a deal killer.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thanks, AffiliateHound
    Thanks, AffiliateHound. You really give me some pertinent advices.

What is the conversion rate of your ecommerce site?

Reply to Chuck
    What is the conversion rate of your ecommerce site?
    Our site's conversion rate is 2.5%

OK, just wanted to insure that your site was converting and not wasting affiliate traffic.

Affiliate will often join a program to get more information then decide if they want to promote you. I would work on correcting the issues that AffiliateHound brought up and each time promote those improvements to your joined affiliates.

Just as teezone mentioned affiliates are focused on this four day weekend (biggest sales period of the year). You should be putting out daily deals and have the biggest one already added to the Shareasale Black Friday database. Buy a $100 ad on ABW to get your program directly in front of affiliates, then you can push those promotions to more than the 50 affiliates in your program.

11. Thanks From:

OK, just wanted to insure that your site was converting and not wasting affiliate traffic.

Affiliate will often join a program to get more information then decide if they want to promote you. I would work on correcting the issues that AffiliateHound brought up and each time promote those improvements to your joined affiliates.

Just as teezone mentioned affiliates are focused on this four day weekend (biggest sales period of the year). You should be putting out daily deals and have the biggest one already added to the Shareasale Black Friday database. Buy a $100 ad on ABW to get your program directly in front of affiliates, then you can push those promotions to more than the 50 affiliates in your program.
    Thanks, Chuck. You are really very kind.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread