ABW Ambassador
    Is There A Worse Paying Program Than Newegg?
    I don't think so. Have them up on a couple of sites because all of my competitors do, not a merchant I'm pushing but it's funny seeing my last 2 sales that came in.

One where I got paid $0, looks like one of the 600+ items commissioned at $0

The other looks like I actually got paid .25%, that's 1/4 of 1%. Getting a $1000+ sale and making almost $2.50.

Sounds more like RottenEgg

Even if you get a private offer, they don't pay anywhere near their competitors. Pathetic.

I would hope that not too many people are giving them any business if they are so lousy.

I tried them a few years ago, left them with $1 EPC

Affiliates with links up for merchants with terms like those contribute to the plausibility of a famous quote, usually attributed to P.T. Barnum.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Affiliates with links up for merchants with terms like those contribute to the plausibility of a famous quote, usually attributed to P.T. Barnum.
    Not quite Bill. Affiliates like that make sites for shoppers, not for themselves. The reality is, Newegg as a merchant are great, lots of shoppers love them. They just have a crappy affiliate program. So I have them up for the shoppers but I can position better paying merchants in front of them. It's like you're a Pepsi drinker and hate Coke. If you ran a grocery store and pulled Coke because of those feelings, that would be dumb and not be good for business.

If you're going to be a competitive coupon/deal site, you'll have up merchants that don't have the best terms. Think back when Babies R Us or other mechants came back with very low commissions or cookies. The coupon sites still have them up because their site visitors still shopped with them and could care less about the affiliate program, loss leader territory. So I have them up for the people that like them (see my sales reference above) but I don't push them at all.
    Last edited by Trust; November 23rd, 2011 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    The coupon sites still have them up because their site visitors still shopped with them and could care less about the affiliate program, loss leader territory. So I have them up for the people that like them (see my sales reference above) but I don't push them at all.
    I completely agree.

BTW, Newegg emails new offers on a daily basis.

As a shopper, I also love Newegg and as an affiliate I feel I need to include their offers to remain competitive and relevant.

In CJ, they clearly state the commission rates for different categories. While their 7 day return policy could definitely be better, they don't have a ridiculous .166666667 return day policy and their cookie is unlimited.

Their 3 month EPC is $9.79 and they are a 5 bar program for what ever that's worth.

I've been with the program for 3 years and have never received a nasty get active or else email.

While there's room for great improvement, I will stick with them and promote them for now.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread