Deep Links in Newsletters?
    Hi, I sent out my first affiliate newsletter last month. I am excited to see some of our affiliates used the coupon codes in the email and improved sales! I am working on the content for this issue. The question I have is: should I include deep links? I've put the "top 5 best sellers" section (each links to a specific product page) and am thinking about putting more deep links, such as links to specific brand names.

Do these links help affiliates?

Thank you!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Absolutely, the only thing better than a deep link is a coded deep link in a newsletter.

I agree with Chuck. If available I would also include html code the affiliate's ID. That way we have everything we need to post to our sites in a short amount of time.

Thank you, guys! I am happy to hear deep links are useful! I am still new to this industry and would like to make sure the information in newsletters is what my affiliates need. The post about Macy's removing all the deep links makes me wonder if I am doing the right thing.
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/links...re-145297.html

I am also wondering if SAS has any click tracking tools for newsletters so that we know how we are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Absolutely, the only thing better than a deep link is a coded deep link in a newsletter.
    Chuck, for "coded deep link", do you mean the same thing bibby mentioned here "include html code the affiliate's ID"?

I've been doing research. And I tried using SAS custom link feature.
    https://www.shareasale.com/a-customproductlink.cfm (log in needed)
    I took a text link from a merchant and got a much longer custom link. Is the custom link considered as "code deep link"? How will this much longer custom link help affiliates?

Sorry for another questions. I got a bit confused about "coded deep link" after doing more research.

Thank you guys in advance.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I answered your question that deep links are what are most effective for affiliates. Coded in a newsletter means you add the links via their newsletter tool so when an affiliate receives the newsletter the codes are ready to use. You need to read the help menus, follow their tutorials and learn your craft. No short cuts here junior!

Thank you Chuck! I misunderstood the "Creating a Custom Link" in SAS yesterday. I thought affiliates take deep links which already include their affiliate IDs and put them into "Creating a Custom Link" again. I was very confused." Why would they do that when they already have deep links with their affiliate IDs?!" Yes, they don't. It's all my stupid thoughts.

I am finishing up the newsletter. And I do include deep links with affiliates ID so my affiliates can just copy and paste the codes into their sites. I hope this saves their time.

Thank you Chuck and bibby! As a newbie, the more I study, the more interesting I find Affiliate Marketing is!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread