The BIG cashback and voucher code sites
    Hi All,

Can any large-hearted American (or otherwise) help me out a little,

I notice a lot more merchants and managers were visible here than affiliates (maybe it's just my mistake and I have the wrong perception) but it would be good to get EVERYONE's answers.

From experience, who are the real big players in the cashback and voucher code world in the USA?

Many thanks

Zeal

Hi Zeal

While this list is not anywhere complete there are too many amazing partners to work with, nor are results the same for every company here are a few of the big players in each of the categories

Coupons

• Retail Me Not
    • Coupon Cabin
    • Ultimate Coupons
    • Tjoos
    • Savings.com
    • Free Cause

Cashback
    • Ebates
    • Upromise
    • FatWallet
    • Cartera Commerce
    • DBG Loyalty

Hi Weldon,

really appreciate the reply!

Will look into all of them,

Thanks

Zeal

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Coupons/Cash Back:

ShopAtHome.com - probably the largest...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Hi Convergence,

Appreciate the reply,

Thanks!

Zeal

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Zeal are you a merchant looking to work with these sites?
    Trisha Lyn Fawver

@TrishaLyn | My Managed Merchants

Yes I am looking to work with these sites in the US

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Yes I am looking to work with these sites in the US
    Suggest you do your "due diligence" on them. You risk losing other affiliates in exchange for the unethical Cashback/Coupon sites...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Suggest you do your "due diligence" on them. You risk losing other affiliates in exchange for the unethical Cashback/Coupon sites...
    You're reading my mind...

Zeal, just because a site is "BIG", doesn't mean they're the best players that you'd want to work with. There are plenty of other coupon sites or cashback sites that maybe don't have quite the traction as a super site that's gotten to that super status by questionable means.

You should really look at quality sites, like FlamingoWorld.com, Shopping-Bargains.com, Sunshine Rewards, etc. to set your standard.
    Trisha Lyn Fawver

@TrishaLyn | My Managed Merchants

10. Thanks From:

I didn't account for any big site to be unscrupulous or unethical - so that was an oversight on my part. By big I meant sites that put through large volumes day in day out, but clearly if they are in someway unethical I wouldn't want to work with them.

In the UK any of the big cashback and vouchercode sites you pick up, all put through good volume and are very professional too, are you guys saying some of the bigger sites in the US are not worth working with?

Thanks

Zeal

Maximlis
    HI all, Thanks for sharing the information. I just wanted to know the tem CASH BACK in details.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishaLyn View Post
    You're reading my mind...

Zeal, just because a site is "BIG", doesn't mean they're the best players that you'd want to work with. There are plenty of other coupon sites or cashback sites that maybe don't have quite the traction as a super site that's gotten to that super status by questionable means.

You should really look at quality sites, like FlamingoWorld.com, Shopping-Bargains.com, Sunshine Rewards, etc. to set your standard.
    Good advice. I found myself wondering recently about evolving industry opinions & perceptions regarding those big cashback/loyalty sites that had devloped such a bad rap in certain circles before. It seems they (the big cashback/loyalty sites) are being more widely promoted and accepted than before. I have even heard they are clean now (ebates/upromise etc) from some well known, reputable sources.

Is it true? If so, what has changed? Maybe this is for another thread but while we're on the topic... thought I'd broach the question.

Currently I'm not in support of allowing their practices in my programs due to the fact I've always known them to use software/toolbars etc. that stuff cookies/poach commission - so I have been spending time to remove that kind of activity from new accounts I've taken over but I want to know if something has changed in the industry that maybe I'm not aware of.

Thoughts?

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    I didn't account for any big site to be unscrupulous or unethical - so that was an oversight on my part. By big I meant sites that put through large volumes day in day out, but clearly if they are in someway unethical I wouldn't want to work with them.

In the UK any of the big cashback and vouchercode sites you pick up, all put through good volume and are very professional too, are you guys saying some of the bigger sites in the US are not worth working with?

Thanks

Zeal
    Not *all* cashback/loyalty/voucher code sites (regardless of geographic location) are unethical. The problem is in how they operate. How do they drop cookies, at which point do they drop a cookie?

The question is, if they are installing a toolbar or some other kind of software on the user's system in order to breed 'loyalty' in that they can pop ads at a consumer when the consumer surfs the web or directly types a merchant URL into their browser address bar, do you consider that to be a legitimate means of driving a click/lead/sale to your merchant site? One that you're willing/able to pay a commission on? Does the merchant?

Even worse, if they are installing that software on the user's system without the user knowing (i.e. bundled with a free download of some type, etc.) how are they adding value? These are things you need to consider.

That said, once again not all cashback/rebate/loyalty/coupon sites fall into the category of cookie stuffers. Some are some are not. It's up to the Affiliate Manager (or whoever they delegate the task to) to monitor traffic sources and determine whether each partner adds value, based on each merchant's unique strategic goals for the affiliate channel.

@Maximlis: A cashback site is a site that offers a cash rebate or some kind of points/virtual currency etc. back to the customer as a credit on each purchase/submission/offer view or other "action" made through their site's partner links.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread