ABW Ambassador
    ...reminds me somewhat of a time in the '60s when the residents of a small town in Virginia got tired of perceived wrongs done them by the single large employer in the town and therefore burned down the employer. Result - employer refused to rebuild, everyone went on the dole or had to get a new job.

I also have a very strong problem with scumware, but feel that there are better ways of dealing with it other than taking Frederick's attitude of sue 'em all (or boycott them all in this case), and let GOD sort it out later.

A primary problem with affiliate marketing is, and frankly has been from the start, the notion that it is an us vs. them sort of thing. The fact is that when confronted with facts, scrupulous merchants generally do the right thing. The unscrupulous will never do the right thing because it goes against their company culture of being unscrupulous. I know many of you will blast this as being pro-merchant, but believe me when I tell you that it is simply pro-intelligence and anti-rabble rousing.

Obstinatedon

Don,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>...it is simply pro-intelligence and anti-rabble rousing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1,000% Agreed!

My belief is that the "Boycott" allows for a display of strength that we [affiliates] have and will exercise when needed to facilitate the expeditious intelligence gathering, dissemination and action thereupon by the affiliate managers. My ultimate goal, however, is not the independent merchants but CJ, Linkshare, BeFree and others, when they become alerted to such parasitic affiliates they immediately terminate them, after the proper due diligence, of course, then and only then will we have won! However, to accomplish such, we must flex our muscles every now and then, I am pretty sure that they are amazed at what has and is happening!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    FYI Haiko,

Here's a response to Professors post on the Amazon.com board:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Your page would be more effective if it didn't look like spam for A Best Web, and if it actually told "how over 300 major online merchants have been literally stealing millions of dollars from their affiliates through a myriad of dirty tricks," etc.

BTW, I clicked on one of the links (the one that reads, "Shawn Collins explains how WhenU deprives you of commissions...") and was taken to a Club Mom affiliate newsletter. This kind of tricky or carelessness doesn't inspire confidence.

Your boycott may be justified (or not, as the case may be), but you need to back your claims with facts on the site.

- Durant

Durant Imboden
    Europe for Visitors http://europeforvisitors.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave

hmmmmmm

I Replied

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko...

I agree with you that the providers must take a stand, "after their due dilegence". My problem arises with folks who offer little other than blatant criticism and/or outright libelous comments prior to allowing either the merchant or the provider the opportunity to do their research.

Obstinatedon

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko,

Excellent retort to the Gentlemans question over at Amazon. Simple math [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Maybe that message will get more people over there ... over here.

Dave

Dave,

Thank you!
    The funny thing is that he is also an ABW member :eek:

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    That goes to the old saying ...

If you can't beat them ... Join them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dave

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Place a link to a listing of merchants who did address the issue as a reward to them to get off the blacklist. As the other merchants see fellow affiliate enabled merchants there ..they're more apt to move hell on earth to get WhenU off their affiliate roster. Doesn't Whenu's program sound similar to Rusure?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread