How to get people to stay on your site?
    Stickiness, ie. getting people to stay on your site, is a big part of the profit formula. The more time they spend on your site, the more pages they click, the more products/info they find and the more likely they are to make a purchase.

Build a site with interesting content, or that answers specific questions someone might have related to a topic/products.

You have to ask yourself why you stay longer on websites... and that's the answer.. probably because you found it interesting.

Affiliate marketing is about adding value..

What do you think?
    People like blogs, they like blogs because they are written by people and not corporations. People want to know what people think, crazy as it sounds they want to know what you think. Tell them exactly what you think using the least amount of words possible.

What is your question?

We all know why people like blogs - this is an affiliate marketing forum.

Yes I like blogging because it helps to share my stuff to others.

To answer the question, Has blogging changed my life? Yes! I it has very much changed my life. My blog is not just about affiliate links. It is about my life and lifestyle. I have recently started selling my ebook in the kindle store as a result of the blogs. I am part of a big network of bloggers, and people in my niche, and they are my readers, as well as my friends.

Honestly yes, it keeps challenge on your part as blogger. First is to think on stuff to write upon and it requires a well through research for it to be unique and informative, secondly maintaining your good relationship to your readers as they can be your useful resource on new topic you will write.

I am now really determined to create my own blog. Thanks to you guys. Registering through Wordpress now.

Web Development
    i believe that a simple moment can change a person life . i have experinced it and this moment just waiting for everyone . and talking about the blog. yes it also change my thinking level because it enhanced my knowledge. and also develop interest in internet field.

Quote Originally Posted by betherg View Post
    Has blogging changed your life?
    I wouldn't say it has changed my life, but it is one more creative outlet for myself. If I ever get passionate about a subject, blogging gives me the ability to write an article and post it almost instantaneously. No having to write a whole program or code a brand-new page in HTML. I just have to write and click to publish. Presto! It is done.

From a webmaster's perspective, blogging also offers a few more benefits (besides the obvious one of providing another means of backlinking to your site).
    One example that comes to mind quickly: blogging offers you a way to touch upon topics you might not otherwise cover in your main website. Say your main web site is about travel, and it already has AdSense on it, and one or two travel-related affiliate links. And perhaps traffic to your site is seasonal: it spikes in the winter when people want to travel to warmer climes, and traffic to your site dips in the summer months when people don't feel so compelled to travel. What else can you do to grow your business? You've pretty much done all you can to monetize your site.

HOWEVER, if you start blogging--assuming it isn't a narrow specialty niche blog--you open up the possibilities of attracting a much wider range of traffic.

One day, you might blog about a good book you've read. You might include a book-related affiliate link somewhere in your post. And if your blog includes AdSense, the ads would be about books, movies, whatever--but not just travel-related AdSense ads.

Another day you might blog about cars, a movie, the economy, etc. And each different topic offers the opportunity to include a relevant affiliate link in the post. Plus the varied AdSense ads each different post attracts.

You are no longer restricted to a site that has ONLY travel-related affiliate links and AdSense ads.

Plus, if you consider BOTH sites together--your main site and the blog--traffic becomes more stable. You'd no longer have spikes in the winter and dips in the summer. Your traffic (total) curve would be smoother.

11. Thanks From:

Blogging has changed my life in that it has provided an emotional outlet for me in a creative way. I started way back when it was Blogger.com (now it's Blogspot.com). My personal blog has been something of an online diary that helps me put the things that happen to me in perspective. It has led to a lot of self-discovery. I learned a lot of HTML through blogging too and those are skills that I am able to use at work and share with others.

Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Not yet - but working on it
    I wouldn't say that blogging has changed my life...yet. I am hoping that it will in the near future.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread