having trouble
    hey guys,
    i've been doing this affiliate marketing for about 2 months now and still haven't made any money yet. I have a website and researched all the keywords and have analytics account. But i'm only getting a couple clicks a day and still haven't made any sales. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for me to start a least making a little profit off of this. thanks.

Two months isn't enough time, but are you updating your website regularly..?

There are lots of reasons why you may not be making money, or attracting visitors - is your website unique, do you offer any content, are you in a very competitive niche?

You need to provide more information here.

Im in fitness and nutrition niche so i dont believe it is to competitive from what i've seen. yes i offer some content and still working on uploading more. It is a niche that i love a lot and dont mind working on it. I just want to make sure im not wasting my time. I probably need more of an attractive site but not for sure. Its fitness-knowledge.com if you want to look at it. From what i've reading i need to do some link building which i have not. thanks for your response.

I only looked at one thing and that's enough fodder for a good rant.

On your "nutrition" page your pitch says "Any serious person attempting to build
    muscle has this book." Really? Who do you know who "has this book"? Unbelievable claims like this turn people away; most folks will either hit the back button or will otherwise move along to some other website. And those who do click through the link to the clickbank "product" get smacked in the face with a fast-talk high-pitch squeeze page that is an insult to the intelligence of any being who can truly claim to be human. Sure, there's a sucker born every minute, but.... that doesn't mean that most people are suckers (the lack of sales attests to this assertion).

So take a step back and think.... "what WILL people buy?". I'm assuming that the target market here is bodybuilders? I'll also assume that you are a bodybuilder and have plenty of friends and acquaintances who are also bodybuilders. What do YOU buy? What do THEY buy? Ditch the clickbank garbage and put up some of THAT stuff. You know what I'm talking about: protein powders, brewer's yeast tablets, choline/inositol tabs, etc., etc., etc. People are going to buy that stuff anyway, so you may as well put that stuff up on your website. Then let your friends know you've got great deals on the stuff they need, so they may as well buy it through your site so you'll get a commission on the sales. This will at least get you started on the right track.

Sign up for the big affiliate networks like CJ and GAN and Linkshare; there are loads of vendors (big, recognized, trusted name brands) on these networks that offer the products that will be a perfect fit for the theme of your site.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

5. Thanks From:

thanks.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by coryddb18 View Post
    hey guys,
    i've been doing this affiliate marketing for about 2 months now and still haven't made any money yet. I have a website and researched all the keywords and have analytics account. But i'm only getting a couple clicks a day and still haven't made any sales. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for me to start a least making a little profit off of this. thanks.
    One thing you could do is link to your website in the contact details of your profile page. That way other members of this forum. Will be able to have a look. And then offer advice.

Quote Originally Posted by coryddb18 View Post
    hey guys,
    A few home truths: I have been in AM about 18 months and have made a miserly $280. I have worked my butt off building sites, adding content, making loads of mistakes but hopefully learning from them and learning from the good folk here who are always willing to pass on valuable advice.

If you want to make money you must be prepared to dig in for the long term, if you are looking for a quick buck then its the lottery!!

Yea I understand that its not going to come quick. I would just like to see a little something just to know that its going to work. So far it doesnt seem like you have to invest a lot of money just a lot of time learning and researching which i'm fine with but hopefully with this site learning from more experienced people will help me out a bunch.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread