adsense
    has anyone used google adsense? Just wondering if it is any good.

Cool
    nothing wrong with adsense but if you start using it, don't click on your adsense links to test them.

I think Adsense would be a good bet on your site.

And like Herb said, DO NOT click on it, and don't encourage your friends to click on it either; detecting fraudulent clicks is one of the very few things that Google is actually good at. And if you get terminated for a TOS violation, you're out for life. For ever and ever and all of eternity. I would rather see my house burn down on a cold winter day than get terminated from Adsense.

Once you've got the ball rolling on your site and start to make sales in addition to Adsense revenue, you can do tests with and without to see which way you make the most money. But in the meantime, you get paid for the Adsense clicks whether any sales are made or not.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

4. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The other key point about getting terminated from Adsense is that it means you are also terminated FOREVER from Google Affiliate Network.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

David thanks for all your input. Since you looked at my website, i know you weren't on it very long but i was just wondering what you thought as far as the layout and design? i didnt know if it was to cheap looking if it would do and i just to work on the ads and content on my site.

Quote Originally Posted by coryddb18 View Post
    David thanks for all your input. Since you looked at my website, i know you weren't on it very long but i was just wondering what you thought as far as the layout and design? i didnt know if it was to cheap looking if it would do and i just to work on the ads and content on my site.
    Design-wise, a site does not have to look slick and pretty in order to be a good website. Amazon.com is an example; it is no designer's wet dream, ya know? Prettier is nice, but the most important thing is to have the information or items that your visitors are looking for.

The only thing I see on your site that absolutely needs to be changed from a design standpoint is the guy up in the top left corner. The white pixel noise around the edges is a mess. You should try to clean that up or get another graphic that isn't as messy.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ok. thanks.

adsense code issues
    Hello. I have a new AdSense account that I haven't used before. I also just got approved for AdBrite and media.net. AdBrite says that it will show whatever ad will pay the highest for a particular visit.

So far on AdSense, I've installed the code to a few pages. The ads still haven't showed up. Instead, yellowish blocks are where I'd like the ads to be. I asked about this issue a couple of days ago and received the following reply. I'll try to answer the questions in ALL CAPS.

If you've had Google Adsense code on your site you should start seeing the ads within 24 hours. Does your site allow you to add code?

IT'S A WORDPRESS SITE AND I'VE ADDED THE CODE INTO THE TEXT SIDEBARS THAT I CREATED.

I ask this because maybe your site software doesn't allow you to if you've set it up wrong. Drupal sites, for example, allow admins to add code, but not registered users or visitors. You have to make sure you are a site administrator.

Even if you are an administrator on a Drupal site, the default new page content may be set up to default to 'text' or only certain parts of 'html', and may not allow 'code' such as the code used by Google to be entered by default. If you add the code to a page where it's not allowed, then it will allow you to add the code, but it just won't work and the ads just won't display.

Joomla and WordPress have similar systems. You can be a registered 'user' of a site without having permission to publish code.

If you are still having problems, let us know what site software you are using, and whether you are registered as a site administrator or just as a user. The more info you provide, the easier it is for others to help you.

I'M THE SITE ADMINISTRATOR, NOT JUST A USER.

If anybody thinks they can help with this, please let me know. Anybody had experience with AdBrite and Media.net as well?

Thanks.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    You can make good money with AdSense. It is so easy. Just create content sites, slap on the code, and away you go. No maintenance, no price changes, datafeed problems, expired merchants, etc. Just focus on the content.

But, it is kind of like a drug. You get dependent on it, and before you know it, most of your income is via AdSense and you worry each day that some goof will try to "help you" by clicking on your ads and they will terminate you. And as pointed out, you might as well be negotiating with someone from Mars once they terminate you. So poof, there it all goes! And unfortunately, there is no good substitute contextual ad for content sites to replace them with.

So use it, but do not depend on it for your sole income or most of your income.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Adsense is good, but I always prefer affiliate marketing over CPC based programs, it always yields more CPM.

AdSense rocks. But NEVER put all your eggs in one basket.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

i agree. adsense is great, but proper affiliate ads work even better on my site.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread