2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Those of you who promoted faithfully all those links to Martha Stewart's site at Linkshare got your Christmas bonus ...delayed payments for those lucky few til March of 2002. ( it rhymes)

Seems the powers to be at Martha Stewart are throwing in the towel (eeeK ..a naked Martha)and stopping their affiliate program from recording sales after Nov 30th. Of course LS will continue to serve up the banner images till well after Christmas, but no commissions will come from the links. We regret to inform the 25000+ affiliates who didn't reach the high minimum that they will receive squatt from us for their efforts. Those who did reach minimums after enduring ZERO return cookie days, lousy commission rate and sporatic sales reporting will be promptly paid some time in 2002 after we audit those 12 accounts to make sure no reversals are in order.

Of course we might just declare bankrupsy on them since we can no longer afford FREE advertising. We do thank Linkshare for serving up over 1.3 billion branding impressions and several million clickthroughs. Just choose another LS merchant, since most all of them have the same potential of earning you revenue as Martha Stewart. Those who miss our site from clicking their own banners can opt-in for our email flyers. We're sorry if this causes you any inconvience and appreciate your not taking down your links, since we loved your traffic.

Management got pissed when they saw our program only recorded $17,600 in total net sales on those millions of targeted clickthroughs and the affiliate manager couldn't say why the links performed so poorly. Merry Christmas and tune into our TV show and buy Martha's new book on making e-tailing work for you!! Look for our new grand opening on a new network near you...if we can beat this exclusivity clause.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

Good Ol Martha has informed all her affiliates that she no longer pays commissions after Nov 30th. She still hasn't told Linkshare about it ..just turned off the shopping cart reporting tag and LS still feeds the banners. After All the B**ch is smart and knows the traffic will flow filling her own homemade Christmas stocking before LS get a clue they too are getting shafted. Some how I just can't bring myself to write another unanswered alert to those guys.

ABW Ambassador
    Mike...

The only thing that annoys me more than your obvious ignorance, is your foul-mouth (keyboarding skills in this case).

Obstinatedon

Amazing how someone with obvious inside ties to Linkshare won't take the time to verify the facts. The Martha Stewart program manager did send e-mails informing all affiliates they were kaput on Nov. 20th as far as tracking banner-text link sales. LS still has them active. Anyone out there show any sales for December?? Better yet anyone out there ever show a sale recorded to you account with this merchant?? I'm sure ObstinateDon is licking his lips over having Martha Stewart all to himself for blasting out e-mail offers to a mail list of 3 million anxious shoppers. Great time for negotiating one of those "super affiliate" special deals on this anxious e-tailer.

I get a kick out of Don trolliing this board to see if maybe someone has a clue on how to raise the stock prices at BF and LS. He like the execs want to unload ASAP or pray someone buys these ASP providers before they have to revise their business plans.

Seems LS won't respond to getting clued that Martha no longer tracks sales as they're worried about their own bill. Add to thta the tip I gave them 3 months ago on Ace Hardwares "OurHouse" program now at F**kedcompany.com.

Just Got off the phone to LS ( at least they have phone support) and found out Martha Stewart and OurHouse are "on hold". This status is fuzzy since it doesn't show up on the discontinued or re-instated report. On hold must mean it's no longer on the affiliate radar and lS is busy trying to get their money...first. Banners still feed but sales don't track and the FREE traffic keeps rolling on in. Obviously, short of having a Premier Star like Forinzi ( Italian designer goods)and not making a paymnet since August, the best deal going is to get placed on hold since all affiliates then are in limbo. You can signup and place banners but they don't track commissions and the LS bill collectors go to work getting network fees. Sure hate the fact LS and BF don't even begin to bill for commissions till long after the threshold is met. Makes for 60-90 delays after reaching minimums. They should sell their stock the same way FREE 90 day margin accounts for the short sellers.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "They should sell their stock the same way FREE 90 day margin accounts for the short sellers.~Mike"

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Yeah, I like that idea!

ABW Ambassador
    She's baaack.

At Performics. 5%, 30 day cookie.

Isn't she some sort of American Icon?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, Miss Perfect Martha has got a TV show, a magazine, a line of stuff, etc. She's known for doing ridiculous amounts of work (perfectly, of course) for stuff like parties, she does crafts with machine-like perfection (cooking, too), and basically is a source of jealousy for housewives and women in general everywhere!

As for the line of stuff, she acts like it's something but it's sold at K-MART (discounter!) which pretty much kills the image, IMO.

Describing her show is quite hard. You'd probably have to see it. If you can get ahold of a tape, give it a look...

On another note, I see that Performics has attracted a dud. Martha's program sounds like it would transcend the network. As in, it'll keep sucking no matter where it is!

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

Would it embarrass her if everyone knew how dreadfully she treated her affiliates?

Martha had a very flattering picture in one of the tabloids - seems she has ballonned up to 210lbs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I cracked up when I saw it as it was the same day we got our nasty gram from Snare about her flying the coop.

As for Martha new program "it'll keep sucking" just like it's namesake. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

@ mousejockey
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Isn't she some sort of American Icon? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>She's a some kind of something Mousejockey I guess you just picked the wrong four letter word. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Martha had a very flattering picture in one of the tabloids - seems she has ballonned up to 210lbs.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Talking about tabliods I saw a good one today:

"Ventriloquist in coma yet dummy still speaks" These papers are better than any comics [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Nice to hear she migrated to Performics. Gives me another reason to not look into their program list of merchants. Another worthless network who won't guarantee payments, no escrows, no combined payouts and just a rehash of failed programs elesewhere run by spin artists. I'd imagine all the Y2001 Hall of Shame entries will get a call from them to revamp/revise their programs with their midas touch.

My complaint was that LS never showed Martha Stewart as ever being cancelled. She must have invited the Messers to one of her parties. Her program just disappeared...like the affiliates earnings on this looser.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread