Account Deactivated Due to Trademark Infringement
    My fault. I screwed up. I thought the notices were for each merchant but apparently it's for the entire network. I thought I would take care of each merchant one at a time, but it appears the warnings add up in CJ network. I stopped ads immediately, usually within an hr of the notice. But this is not how CJ works. I just started aggressively advertising CJ in November, and within this month, I got deactivated. I don't blame anyone else but myself for this mistake and have to face the music. But is there any way to get my account reinstated? We have a long term plan with CJ that I believe will add a lot more value to the network and it'd be a shame to lose that opportunity over this violation -- which can be corrected by me.

This is the first time I've experienced network deactivation and the feeling is well.. extremely sad...

Quote Originally Posted by majestique View Post
    My fault. I screwed up. I thought the notices were for each merchant but apparently it's for the entire network. I thought I would take care of each merchant one at a time, but it appears the warnings add up in CJ network. I stopped ads immediately, usually within an hr of the notice. But this is not how CJ works. I just started aggressively advertising CJ in November, and within this month, I got deactivated. I don't blame anyone else but myself for this mistake and have to face the music. But is there any way to get my account reinstated? We have a long term plan with CJ that I believe will add a lot more value to the network and it'd be a shame to lose that opportunity over this violation -- which can be corrected by me.

This is the first time I've experienced network deactivation and the feeling is well.. extremely sad...
    I think you have a slim chance of getting your account activated if your account was new or did not perform prior to trademark violations.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Reinstatement is not likely. You should also read the TOS of all the other networks you may belong to as well...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Once Network Quality has you marked it is almost impossible to get reinstated. You have to submit tickets, explicitly follow the instructions and keep submitting.

$3k in advertising cost down the drain.. this will hurt my business big time.. wonder if pleading will work

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If you violated terms by poaching their trademark then I doubt they will empathize. You have a 50/50 chance they will respond so its worth and apology.

$3k in advertising cost down the drain.. this will hurt my business big time.. wonder if pleading will work
    Sorry for your troubles, but perhaps this can be a cautionary tale for others. Take the time to know the rules before you make a serious investment in time or money.

We hear time and again "I didn't know". How could you possibly agree to something that you never bothered to read?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

8. Thanks From:

What's lost is lost. Everyone makes mistakes in their affiliate carrier at some time. Buck Up, create a new account and follow the rules. By the way, your new account may also get deactivated if you use same information. CJ is not the end of the world, I also work with SAS, LinkShare, AvantLink, GAN, PepperJam and they all are great.

10. Thanks From:

what exactly did you do, who's trademark did you infringed?
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by pexcornel View Post
    what exactly did you do, who's trademark did you infringed?
    Shouldn't matter. The "lesson" is: Don't try to game the system or circumvent rules. You will get caught.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I want to know if you infringed a CJ trademark or a trademark of one of your merchants.
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pexcornel View Post
    I want to know if you infringed a CJ trademark or a trademark of one of your merchants.
    I thought I would take care of each merchant one at a time, but it appears the warnings add up in CJ network. I stopped ads immediately, usually within an hr of the notice.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread