ABW Ambassador
    PopShops Is Down
    Their site, therefore stuff on your site. Hopefully not too long. Nevermind back again. Just a few minutes.

2. Thanks From:
    kse

ABW Ambassador
    I've been watching it too. It looks like it's back online now.

LOL - Looks like you updated while I was posting.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    PS site is down again (about an hour now) - shops seem to still be loading ok.

Bummer, though, I'm at a Starbucks across from my mechanic, and planned to update some shops while I wait for my car to get done.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

back up
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Popshops site is down and shops are not loading. Been like this for awhile now.

Shops, PS site all still down this morning.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi AffiliateHound - I'm not seeing any problem with PopShops, shops are loading and sales have been rowing in fine all day. I checked my shops when you first posted and they were working then as well. I"m also able to login to PopShops and work on my shops.

Yes, msladybug - got a response from PS this morning and they said everything is working and it has to be on my end.

I can't figure it out though. I cleared cookies, checked security restrictions, closed and re-opened browsers, restarted computers, and can neither get PS site to load or shops to appear on any browser or any computer. No problems with any other sites loading.

Any ideas, anyone?

ABW Ambassador
    Are your webpages loading but the shops are missing? Have you had any sales today?

I had an issue in December that ended up being the web server had blocked PopShops IP due to so many request within so many seconds. Apache saw this as a security threat and blocked it automatically. You might want to have you web host make sure that isn't the case. My host ended up white listing the PopShops IP on the server to keep it from happening again.

Here the thread about that incident.

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/indus...ng-151634.html

Pages load ok but no shops show up.

I have not seen any sales through PS today, but do see clicks on PS-shop products.

My sites are on two different hosts and the problem is with sites on both hosts.

Thanks. Now to read the thread you linked.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    My sites are on two different hosts and the problem is with sites on both hosts.
    That is odd then, if it's occuring with different host. I thought maybe the php version might have been updated on the server and your addtype/addhandler in the .htaccess file wasn't correct for the newer php version but if it's happening with different host I'm clueless on what the issue could be.

Post when you get it figured out, I'd be curious to know what the problem was.

Also, if it was a hosting issue for shops on my sites, that wouldn't keep popshops.com from loading on my computers.

Sorry nothing to add here. Sounds very strange indeed, esp. if popshops.com is not loading for you.

I'm not technical enough so what about some brainstorming ideas:

* Have someone else check in your town popshops.com (or go to your local library)
    * Do you have someone with a smartphone or ipad that can check popshops.com
    * Have that person with the smartphone or ipad come to your house to see using your isp to see if that loads

ABW Ambassador
    AH, have you tried to re-copy and re-paste the codes to your page to test it?

Or have you tried to use the java codes instead of PHP codes and see if it loads?

I can't log into Popshops.com to get any different codes.

Follow up - I spent an hour on the phone with my ISP (Verizon) and they could not figure it out. I was told by the rep that she needs to talk to tech people that are not there on the weekend. So, nothing till at least tomorrow.

Also, I now see I am having the SAME PROBLEMS with GoldenCan (1. Shops not showing up, and 2) can't log in to goldencan.com).

The 2 datafeed systems - same problems - cannot be a coincidence. No problems getting into any other sites.

GoldenCan is working ok for me now - maybe it was unrelated to the PS issues.

At least today I have seen sales through Popshops.

AffiliateHound, fyi, I checked you site in your Sig and the shops are working just fine for me so I guess thats a good thing!!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    AffiliateHound, fyi, I checked you site in your Sig and the shops are working just fine for me so I guess thats a good thing!!!
    Thanks for doing that. Yea, it seems like shops do show on every computer in the world except mine.

AffiliateHound,

Did you try viewing with another computer or iTouch, iPad, Internet TV, Playstation, Wii etc from your house??

Did you try with another Broswer IE, Crome, FireFox??

Did you delete your browser history??

Have you rebooted you PC to see if that helps??

Did you install Norton (or another virus/spyware software) or anything else lately that may be blocking the shops??

Are you running XP, windows 7????

I know these are basic questions but I do run a IP Support shop and sometime it is a really simple solution but you just have to keep trying until you find it!!! I spent 5 years in University to find out that a reboot fixed 80% of all computer problems!! (Just ask my many hosting companies, they are experts at rebooting )

Kevin.......
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Kse, thanks for the suggestions. I use Macs, tried it on one desktop, 2 laptops, and an iPhone. I've used FF and Safari, closed and reopened several times, rebooted several times. Deleted cookies, etc. Turned modem/router off and on. Don't use Norton; nothing new added in weeks.

It has to be ISP-related - hopefully will have an answer from Verizon tomorrow.

Have you tried flushing your DNS?

How to Flush DNS

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Thanks joyaz (didn't try DNS flushing, [yet] as the problem affected 3 computers and iphone, so unlikely that would have solved it), Kevin, mayfly, ladidah, and misladybug, for all the help.

They haven't told me what that problem was, but Verizon has solved it. I can now see my shops and popshops.com will now load.

Whew!

Thank again everyone for all the suggestions.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread