Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    All,

I posted, I assume, be the first COC Compliance issue via the ask a question interface (as per instructions) about a major example of ebates non compliance.

Here is what happened with the issue:

• I Filled it on the 12th at 3:35pm
    • Got an auto-response at 3:35pm
    • At 4:05pm George Guava posted:
      quote:
      Thank you for submitting this incident to us. Our compliance department reviews all such reports, just like any other issue related to our TOS. They are currently looking into this issue at the moment. We are behind our Code of Conduct and we expect to uphold the Code as aforementioned.

• Today at 12:33AM the ticket is closed and classified as "Solved" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img][/list]

Fudge Ripple, I am ANGRY!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Can you show us the goods? What did you bust 'em doing that was not in compliance with the COC? Inquiring minds want to know!

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Sheesh, I would have at least expected that they put forth the effort to come up with some bs spin answer about how they are working with ebates, they have the 60 days to come into compliance, yada, yada, yada.

Then networks want us to trust them that they are going to enforce this CoC (or addendum in LS case), but when this is the type of response received from them, then how (in any rational, realistic thought processes) can they expect to receive any trust????

In the words of the DawgMan....

GAME ON!!!

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Haiko,

Your problem has not been "solved" - it appears that your incident was automatically marked as closed because you did not repsond within 72 hours since the original post.

I'll look into it.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Look again, it says "Solved".

The response from CJ was that compliance was looking into it. These types of inquries take more than 72 hours to investigate. His "trouble ticket" was closed and closed tickets are marked as "solved".

Sorry for the confusion.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

if you ever had any doubts that the ParasiteWare problem was solved, this written statement by CJ must have removed them all:

once and for good: solved!

is this understood?
    good!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

In the past when I've filed a support ticket, once I received an answer to my question (not just a comment like we are looking into it), it was changed to a status of "solved" and then the 72 hour timeframe kicked in and if CJ didn't here back from me otherwise that it was indeed solved, the ticket would be closed. That does not appear to be the case here!

What in the world was there for Haiko to respond to from CJ's response? The 72 hour thing should not have even been triggered yet.

ABW Ambassador
    The "solved" is not a consequence of a unique automatic procedure, because I have a ticket waiting with status = "Researching"

Fer

Good detective work, Haiko!

What do we really expect CJ to do, given past experience? I mean, they've allowed a questionable practice to continue unabated for some time now.

If anything, since this falls in the 60 day compliance period, CJ will probably just send a note to Ebates that says:

quote:
    Dear Ebates:

We've had a report that you're still being naughty. Shame, shame! Mustn't continue to do these things.

How about lunch on Wednesday?

Love,
    CJ

[/END SARCASM] CJ is not publisher friendly any longer. With the recent changes in the product linking, it's just harder to build pages that sell.

Andy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

You are all blowing this out of proportion. We are investigating Haiko's concerns, regardless of the status of his inquiry.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Who do I complain too. Problem ticket would read: with increased traffic to CJ merchants this year verses last year my commissions are 1584.18 LESS. Please investigate who got my cut of the pre-sell activity.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Time for another award to be handed out, I think. Maybe CJ has a 'Humanitarian' award they could pass on to eBates. I am sure that, if they could, they would award Haiko with a 'PITA' award, for calling 'em on their CoC right away, LOL.

"The internet is an audience of one, a million times over." -Peter Guber

ABW Ambassador
    Todd,

You know ya'll was going to get it when the first violation went public - lol! I can here Gomer Pyle now - "citizen ayrest, citizens ayrest!"

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

quote:
    Maybe CJ has a 'Humanitarian' award they could pass on to eBates.

CJ just gave ebates an award at CJU. No need for anymore. Actually, one was way too many. IMHO. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    lol, that's what I was referring to, indirectly... at the rate this is going, they're gonna have to give eBates at least one award a week to counter all the bad publicity!!!

bc-
    - - - -
    "citizen ayrest, citizens ayrest!"
    - - - -

You crack me up, big guy...

"The internet is an audience of one, a million times over." -Peter Guber

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    The "solved" is not a consequence of a unique automatic procedure, because I have a ticket waiting with status = "Researching"~Fer

Maybe, but when I wrote about the datafeeds my (emailed) responses said:

"We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours."

That gives the impression that the "72 hours" started to tick down from the time of CJ's response.

Maybe Haiko's CS person didn't know about a "researching" response--or was scared to do anything but hide after catching some flames!

[Edited--saw above posts about an award]

Somehow I don't think giving eBates any more awards would "COUNTER" bad publicity, LOL!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:

Your problem has not been "solved" - it appears that your incident was automatically marked as closed because you did not repsond within 72 hours since the original post.

I asked for a SOP, it appears that failed. What was I supposed to "respond"? Go team CJ? We *all* know about this particular issue, what is the delay? Put them out of compliance and enforce!

Haiko

Haiko,

quote:
    I asked for a SOP, it appears that failed.

It's Monday - what does SOP mean?

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

All affiliate networks must stay after school and write 100 times on the blackboard...

Voluntary Codes of Conduct Will Not Work Without Enforcement.

Haiko,

One more thing...

We treat Code of Conduct incidents the same way we treat all incidents reporting any kind of fraud or compliance issue. This normally only includes thanking the client reporting the issue, and telling them we will be (or already are) looking into it. Then the incident is resolved from the reporter's perspective while we follow up internally. For privacy reasons we do not normally respond to the reporter to tell them what we did to the party they reported.

Finqally, your incident was closed as a duplicate.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Perhaps I spoke too soon.

Perhaps these "codes of conduct" are NOT voluntary???

quote:
    It's Monday - what does SOP mean?

Standard Operation Procedure - a protocal for handling COC compliance claims.

quote:
    We treat Code of Conduct incidents the same way we treat all incidents reporting any kind of fraud or compliance issue. This normally only includes thanking the client reporting the issue, and telling them we will be (or already are) looking into it. Then the incident is resolved from the reporter's perspective while we follow up internally. For privacy reasons we do not normally respond to the reporter to tell them what we did to the party they reported.

Finqally, your incident was closed as a duplicate.

My complaint was a duplicate? Hmmmm?

And based on the "privacy issues", I guess neither I nor the "original" complainant will get an answer huh? Wow, sounds like a great system to me, since it allows for the Bullshoot to continue! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think enforcement is real high on the priority list right now.

It would be nice if CJ would just say that.

Quote:

For privacy reasons we do not normally respond to the reporter to tell them what we did to the party they reported.

How about a generic answer. What action(s) would be taken by CJ in the event that they found out a merchant was violating this code of conduct?

Is there a list of all possible actions that could be taken in such cases?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast