That nice Melissa at art.com has been taking a close look at my site. She says:-

"I noticed you are linking to one of our competitors for some of your art prints"

So I said:-

"Yes, that would be a competitor that didn't leave their linkshare affiliates in the lurch."

I do hope art.com *did* run out on their affiliates, now I've been all mean to them. Anyone know for sure?

f

I got a call from them right before Christmas because they wanted to confirm my address so they could send my first check. I haven't gotten it yet, though. I talked to the girl and she seemed nice and let me know I had just made another $20 in comissions. So it seemed ok to me. I don't have them with Linkshare, it is through their own site.

What is all the talk about them leaving affiliates in the lurch? What is it about?

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I wish I knew. Its something somebody here said. Then when I got the high pressure sales tactics I got annoyed and mentioned it.

I really really don't like people applying psychological pressure. Whats she want me to do, drop allposters because art.com have '50 000 art prints'?

Having said that, I notice art.com tend to have more of them the right way up..

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

f

Hi Everybody! I'm new at this, in fact it's my first post... but I think there's some important info I can share here. I talked to Melissa at Art.com too, because I thought they owed me over $100 in commission from 2000-2001, and she explained the whole thing to me.

Apparently, what happened is that the art.com program that went through linkshare ended in May or thereabouts when they sold the company. art.com's parent co was Getty Images, and they were the folks who decided to sell art.com. When they sold the domain, they sold the name, too. A company that you may be familiar with, Allwall.com - bought art.com and changed their name. So Melissa told me that if I needed my money to contact Getty, and she gave me an email address. I'm now $127 richer, because they paid me with no questions asked.

So they ended up being very helpful, and it wasn't their fault at all.

Thanks!

Trinity

Welcome to ABW, Trinity. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Quiet777

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread