What are the best creatives for affiliates?
    Hello, I just started to run the program with no background in affiliates. There are already creatives uploaded for my affiliates to use, but the reports show that most of sales come from coupon sites and they use mostly one text link and some images that I did not aproved. I would like to provide creatives that my affiliates actually use, but I don't know where to start... please help.

Most coupon sites are just going to use a text link and a little logo button.

For affiliates who are going to promote you and your products, as opposed to "promoting the coupon code", everybody's needs are different. You really should have each banner design available in every standard size. And a product datafeed if you offer any more than just a small handful of items for sale.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I like to provide multiple creative options to 1) show my dedication to the program 2) give examples of how to market and perhaps inspire 3) make it so it is easy for someone to get started.

I find my text links are the most used. i get very creative with them.

For banners, I always provide a base with the following:
    Leaderboard – 728x90
    Skyscraper – 120x600
    Wide Skyscraper – 160x600
    Medium Rectangle – 300x250

The logo you provide should be 88x31 and will be our most popular one. Don't forget other plain logo sizes such as 125x125

I work for eco-turistic parks and the product datafeed I have is for the packages to the parks and tours. I want to create special promotions for coupons and keep the banners to promote the parks. So far I get traffic to my site, but the sales are not as good as I expected. That's why I'm trying to find out what to improve.

Hi Michel,

My experience for the most part is affiliates typically do not use creative unless you have purchased placements. It would be best to provide one standard creative set that can be used year round. The next would be to provide multiple text links that lead to different places on the site. In general affiliates will make do with what you have, but I also like to let them know if they have any special requests we will get them creative sets made rather than them do themselves. Finally the best way to drive sales is get on the phone with your affiliates and see what you can do to help better support them, they can tell you better than anyone what they need.

Smile
    Thank you all for your comments. I realize that I have to find my own way because there are so many factors to take in account, but if I can learn from others and do not make so many newbie mistakes I will be happy.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread